Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
Disagree on the air or whatever. I watched the first four innings. Neither starter had life on their fastball. Both of their sliders had a loop to them. They were more slurves than sliders, and slurves are far easier to recognize and lay off of. Both Tanaka and Porcello’s 2 seamers were wild or lacked the typical down and in movement to a RHH. Both of them came out flat and the hitters were ready.

If it was the lighting, the pitchers would have the advantage. The ball wasnt “jumping” out of the stadium either. Every ball struck was center cut. In YS or Fenway, there may have been a few more dingers or wall balls.

Maybe it was the jet lag? Maybe the two starters took in the sights more than adhered to a routine. Either way, I doubt we see a Yanks-Sox game over there again.

Today we are avoiding our old lefties on makeshift turf. I am worried about this field for safety issues. Hastily built fields usually lead to injuries and seeing Voit and Bogey go down doesn’t sway me from that position. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Yanks rest Judge and Sanchez today just to avoid injury

Neither starter had life? Those guys were throwing 145 kph out there!!