Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yankees linked to Jasson Domínguez best International Prospect

Yankees linked to Jasson Domínguez best International Prospect

It looks like they will give him a record $5 Million for signing, if the yankees sign him it will be like 90% of their total ($5.4M) in the International draft.

Crazy to commit that much money on a 16 yrs old. Even if the hype for the kid is crazy high.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/01/yankee...son-dominguez/
    Last edited by Carpin; 07-01-2019 at 07:47 PM.

He’s nicknamed the Martian because nobody believes he is of this world. He’s a beast

It's unfair to place such expectations on a guy this young, they are already comparing him to Mike Trout and others to Mickey Mantle

It is unfair, but it’s awesome to add a kid of this caliber to this system. He’s going to be a top 100 prospect out the gate

Nowadays, scouting is more than hype. It’s science. 110+ mph exit velocities, 6.19-6.3 60 yard dashes, 90+ mph throws. Switch hitter, rock solid build who is a baseball rat. The kid checks all the boxes for me. I wonder if Cashman and Co have him take the traditional IFA route and start him in short season for 2020 or if he looks good enough, goes right to Charleston

the fact that he wont face any other players then Nobia players is a yuuuuuge red flag for me.
    the nickname is awesome tho.....
    other names i have posted under: none

Red flag for me too, but skills are off the charts. Let's see next year.

He will need some success in actual games, not only in showcases

The showcases are games as well. He is just playing other guys who are gonna get signed to the bigs. While he isn't seeing the best competition on the island, he is seeing all pro level talent which is better than can be said for most 16 yr olds in the states.
    Hal sucks

Kiley McDaniel from fangraphs says Dominguez will immediately be added to his top 100 prospects list and that he'd have been the #1 selection in the draft if he was eligible. He's gotten a 50 FV grade, which is amazing for a 16 yr old
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The showcases are games as well. He is just playing other guys who are gonna get signed to the bigs. While he isn't seeing the best competition on the island, he is seeing all pro level talent which is better than can be said for most 16 yr olds in the states.
    so, no red flag for you then?

Talking about the IFA draft, I see the D-backs have one of the highest bonus pools and are not linked to any of the top 30 prospects this year

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    so, no red flag for you then?
    The fact that he is 16 yrs old is a red enough flag for me. He has all the tools to be immensely successful. Can he translate it? We shall see.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    Talking about the IFA draft, I see the D-backs have one of the highest bonus pools and are not linked to any of the top 30 prospects this year
    Makes me wonder if they are one of the teams in on the Cuban kid.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Makes me wonder if they are one of the teams in on the Cuban kid.
    also the red sox and the Rays are in the same position