Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Starting Rotation Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Porcello rebounded very nice after a shaky start. Hope he can build on that. Take away his start against the Yankees and he’s averaging 6 innings again this year. 6 innings and usually 2-4 runs is more than enough to give this team a chance to win. Not many other 4th rotation guys in the league will give you much better.
    Bad news for Porcello fans:

Red Sox Stats‏ @redsoxstats 7h7 hours ago

The only qualified starters in the AL with a worse ERA than Porcello are Ivan Nova, Reynaldo Lopez, and Aaron Sanchez. I still don't understand how you can think you're winning anything without Eovaldi in the rotation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It doesn't matter who is in that 5th starter spot if the other 5 pitchers don't start pitching better, which includes getting deeper into games.

On the whole, Porcello's start last night was not bad. He needs to be better, but he did rebound nicely.

Legend
    5-0 lead in the 1st, then allowed them 4 runs to get back in it. Not bad. Lucky we played the Blue Jays. He gets the Orioles next.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 07-16-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post

The only qualified starters in the AL with a worse ERA than Porcello are Ivan Nova, Reynaldo Lopez, and Aaron Sanchez. I still don't understand how you can think you're winning anything without Eovaldi in the rotation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It doesn't matter who is in that 5th starter spot if the other 5 pitchers don't start pitching better, which includes getting deeper into games.

On the whole, Porcello's start last night was not bad. He needs to be better, but he did rebound nicely.
    Eeeek..... that is ugly..... Just like Sale, Porcello seemed very frustrated with himself last night. This has been one ugly stretch for Porcello. Jays, Yankees, Tigers and now Jays again have just been flat out bad performances. What is the killer...... Jays twice and the Tigers are bad teams. Porcello just can't perform like this against teams like them. The Yankees is understandable. They are in my opinion the best team this year (though Tampa has now beat them 3 times in a row) but to put up performances like this against bottom barrel offensive teams is just not right. I hope Porcello rebounds, and last night was definitely a better performance than his last 3 starts but far from great.

If you really want to sum up the state of the Sox starting pitching, using traditional numbers, Cashner is the Sox #2 pitcher behind Price.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    If you really want to sum up the state of the Sox starting pitching, using traditional numbers, Cashner is the Sox #2 pitcher behind Price.
    One bright spot is E-Rod really seems to be getting it together. 4 runs earned in his last 18 innings and one of those games was against the Yankees. Hope this trend continues for him. Sale and Porcello however need to get it together. FAST.

Legend
    Good Post, and he still might make it. You win 9 games with the Orioles, he's up for Cy Young for me.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 07-16-2019 at 11:24 AM.

I’ll take Porcello any day over that dumpster fire we saw last night

Deity
    Oh but Cashner is DD's prime acquisition this year. I expect DD to overpay to sign him to a 4 year deal unless Henry fires DD first.
    Last edited by jung; 07-17-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Deity

I’ll cut Cashner some slack as it was still just one start...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    After 10 days off.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    After 10 days off.
    GTFO with your lame attempts at being reasonable!
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Something that I mentioned a couple of days ago about how many pitches it takes our starters to get through the 1st inning:

Red Sox Stats‏ @redsoxstats 9h9 hours ago

Coming out of the all star break the Sox starters have had to throw 23, 24, 27, 14, 20, and 21 first inning pitches. Not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    GTFO with your lame attempts at being reasonable!
    I know sometimes when I take a few weeks off typing tests and go back I am around 100 wpm rather than 115 wpm... So it makes sense..... That's the best example I could come up with

Something that I mentioned a couple of days ago about how many pitches it takes our starters to get through the 1st inning:

Red Sox Stats‏ @redsoxstats 9h9 hours ago

Coming out of the all star break the Sox starters have had to throw 23, 24, 27, 14, 20, and 21 first inning pitches. Not ideal.
    I suspect that opposing teams have a game plan of trying to make our starters throw as many pitches as possible.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I suspect that opposing teams have a game plan of trying to make our starters throw as many pitches as possible.
    And unfortunately, it has so far worked very well. The Dodgers worked the hell out of the entire pitching staff. Their ability to foul off pitches was amazing.