Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Trade Deadline Thread

Deity
    Now a trade of Benintendi and Shawaryn for Giles, Stroman and Teoscar Hernandez actually comes out spot on equal at 59.50 going each way...

There’s zero chance the Jays take that deal

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    One thing no simulator can account for is how much Team A wants the player from Team B.

I don’t doubt the equality. I do doubt Toronto’s desire to make that deal.

But in my own little fantasy world, DD made it yesterday....

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    One thing no simulator can account for is how much Team A wants the player from Team B.

I don’t doubt the equality. I do doubt Toronto’s desire to make that deal.

But in my own little fantasy world, DD made it yesterday....
    See, fantasy is good. In my head Cleveland dumped Bieber as they thought he was getting too popular too fast which would lead to his down fall so the Sox got him in a trade for Beni and Thornburg and an extra set of shiny new baseballs

Deity
    A trade of Stroman and Giles for Casas, Duran, Dalbec and Hernandez gives each side exactly 37.50 going each way, is a package more in line with what Toronto would likely want, and bankrupts the Sox farm in a way DD prefers to operate...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    See, fantasy is good. In my head Cleveland dumped Bieber as they thought he was getting too popular too fast which would lead to his down fall so the Sox got him in a trade for Beni and Thornburg and an extra set of shiny new baseballs
    You might be thinking of the wrong Bieber...

A trade of Stroman and Giles for Casas, Duran, Dalbec and Hernandez gives each side exactly 37.50 going each way, is a package more in line with what Toronto would likely want, and bankrupts the Sox farm in a way DD prefers to operate...
    I doubt that gets it done either. The extra year of control and the want of the contender is at play here. The Yanks took advantage of the need to break the billy goat curse to get an absurd return for Chapman as a rental. Miller’s return was even better at the time but Miller had another two years of control attached to him. Toronto has almost no need to package the two together unless the return is only attainable with both packaged (ie a mega prospect like Whitley or Tucker). This is why I doubt the Yanks make a move for both because their best prospect is not at that level yet (although 25 isn’t bad for Garcia) and I wonder how much we would part with to a division rival, especially with the arms on the FA market available for cash alone

Duffy imakes $15mill this year and is owed $30.75 mill for 2020 and 2021. If the Sox are not adding much salary, Duffy is not an option...
    Depends if KC agrees to pay a chunk of his salary or takes back some offset salary (Nunez & Pearce) as part of the deal.

(I believe we got Tampa to pay part of Eovaldi's deal last year. Tamps of all teams!)
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    I doubt that gets it done either. The extra year of control and the want of the contender is at play here. The Yanks took advantage of the need to break the billy goat curse to get an absurd return for Chapman as a rental. Miller’s return was even better at the time but Miller had another two years of control attached to him. Toronto has almost no need to package the two together unless the return is only attainable with both packaged (ie a mega prospect like Whitley or Tucker). This is why I doubt the Yanks make a move for both because their best prospect is not at that level yet (although 25 isn’t bad for Garcia) and I wonder how much we would part with to a division rival, especially with the arms on the FA market available for cash alone
    Per that trade simulator, a package of Stroman (26.8) and Giles (10.7) wouldn’t get either Tucker (63.1) or Whitley (48.2) at gunpoint.

And that’s not even factoring in how unenthusiastic Houston would be about re-acquiring Ken Giles...

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Depends if KC agrees to pay a chunk of his salary or takes back some offset salary (Nunez & Pearce) as part of the deal.

(I believe we got Tampa to pay part of Eovaldi's deal last year. Tamps of all teams!)
    I think the motivation of a team like the Royals in trading Duffy is to save money while acquiring young , cheap , controllable prospects . Taking on Nunez and Pearce would make no sense for them . They might eat some of Duffy's contract if the return was sufficient.

Per that trade simulator, a package of Stroman (26.8) and Giles (10.7) wouldn’t get either Tucker (63.1) or Whitley (48.2) at gunpoint.

And that’s not even factoring in how unenthusiastic Houston would be about re-acquiring Ken Giles...
    I was mostly throwing out the reason for packaging, not the location. I do think Stroman to Houston is a distinct possibility. I doubt Giles would be heading there
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I think the motivation of a team like the Royals in trading Duffy is to save money while acquiring young , cheap , controllable prospects . Taking on Nunez and Pearce would make no sense for them . They might eat some of Duffy's contract if the return was sufficient.
    Nunez and or Pearce would be throw-ins instead of hard cash. They could take either and play him or trade him or cut him.... or like you said, just give cash and we could trade or DFA one or both.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    The Royals would only get salary relief from Duffy, but I really hope you guys get him. Go for it. His K rates are down, his HR rates up and his xFIP is over 5.3. His FB velo is at the lowest of his career, down 0.9mph off last year and down 2.6mph off his most recent best season in 2016.
    Hal sucks

There are lots of names being mentioned already, and some teams may decide to be sellers in the next few weeks.

Even teams like Cleveland were reportedly looking to trade Kluber, Carrasco or Bauer- knowing they had a shot at winning their weak division.

Here are just some names I've heard:

Scherzer
    de Grom
    Syndergaard
    Kulber
    Bumgarner
    Bauer & Carrasco
    Stroman
    M Boyd
    John Means
    Caleb Smith
    Wheeler
    Leake
    Cashner
    Aaron Sanchez
    Dylan Bundy

I'm sure there are more as of right now, and will be even more added to this list in the next few weeks.

The Royals would only get salary relief from Duffy, but I really hope you guys get him. Go for it. His K rates are down, his HR rates up and his xFIP is over 5.3. His FB velo is at the lowest of his career, down 0.9mph off last year and down 2.6mph off his most recent best season in 2016.
    I only saw Duffy pitch once this year . He was terrible. I can't evaluate him off of that , but as they say , " Let the buyer beware." The Sox should look elsewhere for pitching.