Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nunez DFAd

The effect of the 2019 baseball makes winning % comps between 2018 and 2019 runs scored per game illogical.
    There’s been 4K homeruns so far this season. That is insane.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The offense is the least to blame, for sure.
    Earlier in the season, our offense was streaky and unable to come up with a timely hit. IMO, they were more to blame than the BP. At this point, I agree that they are now the least to blame.

Last year, when the Sox scored 3 runs or fewer, they were 13-37 (.260).

To date this season, when the Sox scored 3 runs or fewer, they are 3-25 (.107).

Not good in either case, as one would expect, but we are doing worse in that category this year than last year. Pitching, pitching, pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Last year, when the Sox scored 3 runs or fewer, they were 13-37 (.260).

To date this season, when the Sox scored 3 runs or fewer, they are 3-25 (.107).

Not good in either case, as one would expect, but we are doing worse in that category this year than last year.
    Far worse, in fact. If we extrapolate the current record to 50 games to equate to 2018, the record would be 5-45, or 8 games worse.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Far worse, in fact. If we extrapolate the current record to 50 games to equate to 2018, the record would be 5-45, or 8 games worse.
    Which is about the difference in the standings.

I also looked at the records in games where our pitchers gave up 3 or fewer runs, to see how many losses might be attributed to lack of offense each year.

2018: 74-8 (.902)

2019: 27-3 (.900)

Those are almost identical.