Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 7/21 @ Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    with Mitch returning what happens to Chavis ?
    Easy: 2B.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Idk how you feel optimistic. This team hasn’t shown the ability to bounce back. They’re an inconsistent bunch.
    Yes, but inconsistent includes times when we look bad, then win 3 in a row.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    As soon as this team looks like they are about to be totally out of it, they do something like yesterday, but then they quickly follow it up with a game like today.

When you feel like we are getting back in a groove, we have a game like today.

We're doing everything we can to sabotage a season that had hope.

Really sums up the year .Dave has to do something tonight regardless.

I don't love him there ,am I wrong that he's a liability there ? I like Brock and Marco there .I guess Mitch to first Chavis second is more potent offense though .Jose Abreu is looming though and I can't figure out how lol

Legend
    First series we lost there since May 2016, covering 11 series there.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    A bad loss. The team was completely flat. I think that they will regroup and sweep the Rays.
    It is absolutely possible. The Rays are in a free fall and when confronted with an opponent with talent, they turtle. They've been paper tigers from day 1 this season and the Yanks have exposed them
    Hal sucks

Legend
    Going into Baltimore with Price, Porcello, and Cashner. Cashner did the best. Sox Starters make 60 million dollars more then Baltimore Starters, lost 2 out of 3. To a bad team.
    Cannot have this.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 07-22-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Many a coach has stated once these pitchers hit the majors they can look absolutely terrible one day and No hit a team the next start .Every one of these pitchers have something elite in them .Today we got beat by his best stuff he's maybe ever had at this level .Tip a cap
    Good post.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Many a coach has stated once these pitchers hit the majors they can look absolutely terrible one day and No hit a team the next start .Every one of these pitchers have something elite in them .Today we got beat by his best stuff he's maybe ever had at this level .Tip a cap
    Never truer than now when most of them don't belong in an MLB uni in the first place.

Deity
    Since this is the game thread, I thought I'd chime in with one simple but controversial thought: we got beat by a pitcher who was definitely on, who struck out guys right and left, and who gave up 1 hit, a double by of course Devers. Maybe scoring 16 runs the night before had an effect, I don't know. But this was not a game we should have won, not with that guy on the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Since this is the game thread, I thought I'd chime in with one simple but controversial thought: we got beat by a pitcher who was definitely on, who struck out guys right and left, and who gave up 1 hit, a double by of course Devers. Maybe scoring 16 runs the night before had an effect, I don't know. But this was not a game we should have won, not with that guy on the mound.
    Agreed. We ran into a guy having a career game.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend
    I see a No-Hitter tonight from Jalen Beeks. haha

Deity
    Agreed. We ran into a guy having a career game.
    We know these Sox can hit because they have good numbers, especially runs scored, and they did hit some balls hard yesterday, whichcan happen in a no-hitter and usually does.

Deity
    OK with me even though I like Holt and Hernandez more. Both are better at the double play and have higher OPS's. Chavis leads the Sox in K's with 109 (vs. 79 games played), but he does have those 16 dingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    That is fair.... My question is, with this starting rotation that was suppose to be so good (on paper) when will they win us a game? When is the last game the pitching won for us when the offense had an off day? My thoughts are Minnesota when Porcello went 7 shutout innings and we only put up 2 runs in that game.... And I can't remember the last game before that. I swear unless this offense puts up 6 plus runs a game we lose. But that is probably the reason why we are in the bottom 10 in pitching. If we didn't have the number 1 offense we would be one of the worst teams in the league.