Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Mets get Stroman

  1. #31
    I think its looking like Ray. Sadly, the aces with resume are on teams that are back in the race. Id prefer Bumgarner to these guys.

  2. #32
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    23,474
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I think it’s looking like Ray. Sadly, the aces with resume are on teams that are back in the race. I’d prefer Bumgarner to these guys.
    You guys sure run things differently these days. Very conservative. Doing things like passing on Keuchel over 1.5 million.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  3. #33
    All-Star bkzwhitestrican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    You guys sure run things differently these days. Very conservative. Doing things like passing on Keuchel over 1.5 million.
    For real. Looking at where our starting pitching is now, missing out on Keuchel for nothing but cash looks really bad.

  4. #34
    All-Star Carpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    925
    It looks like the Mets wanted to flip Stroman to the Yankees, they wanted Deivi Garcia and Estevan Florial, Cashman said no.

  5. #35
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    12,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    It looks like the Mets wanted to flip Stroman to the Yankees, they wanted Deivi Garcia and Estevan Florial, Cashman said no.
    Smart move.

    Hold on to a future set up guy and an outfielder flailing away at round 2 in A ball...

  6. #36
    All-Star Carpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    925
    It looks like the SP cost was thru the roof, in my opinion Cashman did the right thing not closing this deal.

  7. #37
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    12,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    It looks like the SP cost was thru the roof, in my opinion Cashman did the right thing not closing this deal.
    Yeah why would you want 1+ full seasons of an All Star Top 5 in ERA starting pitcher when you get can wait and reap the benefits of Estevan Florial? Assuming he ever gets out of A ball...

  8. #38
    All-Star Carpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    925
    Cashman is sticking to his long term plan, he's no fool. Time will tell if this is the right decision.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Yeah why would you want 1+ full seasons of an All Star Top 5 in ERA starting pitcher when you get can wait and reap the benefits of Estevan Florial? Assuming he ever gets out of A ball...
    Stroman has playoff experience too.

    Exactly: Florial isn't much of a prospect anymore. Garcia is an excellent prospect but so much can go wrong with pitchers. Cashman should have pulled his head out of his ass and traded Garcia to the Blue Jays for Stroman.

    As I've been saying all along, Cashman usually doesn't make a trade unless he can squeeze the other team to death. He tried to do that with the Blue Jays, but it backfired on him when the Mets jumped in with an offer. It is going to be fun watching the Yankees lose in the playoffs this year. The 2010s will be the Yankees first decade without a World Series game since the 1910 decade. But Brian Cashman is a great GM! LOL.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 07-31-2019 at 09:36 PM.

  10. #40
    WFAN's Francesa was back on the radio today. He has connections inside the Mets and Yankees organizations. He said the Mets never offered Stroman to the Yankees, that was a complete fabrication, and that the Mets don't like many prospects in the Yankees farm system. He also said that Cashman thought he would acquire Stroman and that the Mets sneaking in and trading for Stroman caught Cashman by surprise.

    I had a good laugh over the latter, thinking of how the Mets acquired the pitcher the Yankees wanted. Of course, the Yankees probably acquire Stroman if they offered D.Garcia, but Garcia was off the table.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •