Register now to remove this ad

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Playoffs - 2019 edition

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    yeah, i agree here. i dont want either of these guys banned but i will 100% call out the trolling when i see it. and both have been known to do it now and again. harmony is usually pro level and hard to spot. or not.
    jacksonianmarch has at least 1 straight up troll post a day, 3 semi troll posts, and 6 non troll posts. that said they both provide entertainment and contribute to legit baseball discussions. i just find it funny when the old head TS guys refuse to see jacksonianmarch trolling.
    Maybe you’re trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Maybe you’re trolling?
    i have never visited a Yankees forum?
    other names i have posted under: none

You haven’t been here long enough to see the Red Sox trolls here. Ask jbay about them. There are more of those on the banned list than Yankee fans

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    You haven’t been here long enough to see the Red Sox trolls here. Ask jbay about them. There are more of those on the banned list than Yankee fans
    Two differences.
    Trolls like Babe & Pike simply posted outrageously stupid things to get a rise out of people. I've always questioned their mental stability, but that's another story.

Yankees trolls like to come here and point out the (alleged) deficiencies in the Sox as compared to the Yankees. I'm never certain if they know they're actually trolling or if they're tone deaf. Other trolls come here to point out the (alleged) deficiencies in the Sox as compared to anyone anywhere to get that rise out of people. These guys know they're trolling but they're good enough at it so they can 'laugh up their sleeve' while doing it. I personally don't see that as a good personality trait, but.. whatever.

The modern day trolls are better at trolling than those in the past. The good ones intersperse their trolling posts with informative ones to keep from being banned. But you already know that.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Legend
    I propose a new category of troll: the Oblivious Troll. These are trolls who do not even possess the level of introspection to realize that they are trolling. One example is Harmony, who has rarely, if ever, posted a positive comment about the Red Sox and uses every possible opportunity available to put them down. Jacko knows he is trolling IMO but does it anyway, so he is a "self-aware troll".

OTs....SATs......I like it.

To me , the back and forth trash talk with Yankee fans is all part of the deal . I have done it all my life . No problem with it .

The Sox tragic numbers now are : With the A's - one . With the Rays - three . With the Indians - four .

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    The Sox tragic numbers now are : With the A's - one . With the Rays - three . With the Indians - four .
    Indians don't really matter other than being a team the Sox need to pass...

Deity
    To me , the back and forth trash talk with Yankee fans is all part of the deal . I have done it all my life . No problem with it .
    I've always said every Red Sox message board is incomplete without a couple Yankee fans.

But that doesn't mean there should be no controversy (about the baseball only).

But as a Sox fan, it's a waste of time to go to Yankee forums. I've only been on a couple, but I found on them if you do anything but openly fellate the Yankee organization, you get banned fast. And even on neutral baseball sites, the most ridiculous commentary is always from Yankee fans. Granted, it's probably a probability thing. But it absolutely exists...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Indians don't really matter other than being a team the Sox need to pass...
    Need to pass two of them . It's like that stereotypical old guy on the corner with the sign that reads " The end is near ."

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    I propose a new category of troll: the Oblivious Troll. These are trolls who do not even possess the level of introspection to realize that they are trolling. One example is Harmony, who has rarely, if ever, posted a positive comment about the Red Sox and uses every possible opportunity available to put them down. Jacko knows he is trolling IMO but does it anyway, so he is a "self-aware troll".

OTs....SATs......I like it.
    https://www.talksox.com/forum/thread...11#post1284311

Some posters lack basic research skills (but all levels should be welcome on the forum).

When in doubt, turn to Wikipedia:
    Application of the term troll is subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. Like any pejorative term, it can be used as an ad hominem attack, suggesting a negative motivation.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
    Last edited by harmony; 09-18-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post

Some posters lack basic research skills (but all levels should be welcome on the forum).
    He did say "rarely"....

Need to pass two of them . It's like that stereotypical old guy on the corner with the sign that reads " The end is near ."
    I'm going with Monday the 23rd vs Rays to see the light at the end of the tunnel, an oncoming express freight.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post

When in doubt, turn to Wikipedia:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
    That it’s defined as subjective supports his usage...

A Sox loss tonight , or a Clevland win will mathematically eliminate them . Finis . A disappointing season no matter how you look at it .