Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Playoffs - 2019 edition

Countdown to Playoffs - 2019 edition

what a difference a year makes.
    going to have to fight to make it in this year.

53 games to go.

ALE:
    NYY
    TB 7.5
    BOS 10

WC:
    CLE +2.5
    TB -
    OAK 0.5
    BOS 2.5

need to leapfrog 2 teams to get the 2nd WC spot.
    need a miracle to get the ALE title.

Me? i have NOT given up hope on the division. i most certainly believe we can be one of the 2 teams in the playin game to get to ALDS.

Time to go on a W streak.
    Time for the SP to STEP UP!

who's with me?
    other names i have posted under: none

You're a brave man. Kudos.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I am 100% with you Slasher. Always.

Except when it comes to robot umps.

You're gonna have a hell of a time winning the division. We play you 4 times in 3 days and if you don't sweep those game, you aren't gonna sniff the division. We play 11 games in 10 gays vs the O's and Jays after the sox series. While we are literally dealing with near auto wins, you'll have the auto-win Royals then have to play the Angels and @CLE before killing the Orioles.

The sox lack a true long run of sucky opponents like we are about to jump into. We both go to the west coast at the same time then you come home to the Twins and Yanks for 7 games. We all know the history of the sox on the left coast. The you finish the year bookending some tough play with 3 at Toronto and 3 home vs Baltimore (auto wins), but inbetween you'll play at PHI, home vs SF, @TB and @TEX.
    Hal sucks

right. hence the "miracle" part. but as my friend Al once said...."do you believe in miracles? YES"
    other names i have posted under: none

Well this as one brave thread .Should be a real treat .

This team needs a nice little 5-6 game win streak to really get going. 15 games over .500 should be a short term goal at this point.
    Hidden in that are Sale, Price & Porcello doing their job. Hopefully this team won't fizzle out thus we will have a nerve-racking September.
    The way we have played in 2019.. I hope to be pleasantly surprised come October.

GO SOX!
    The Bills, The Bruins, The Sabres & The Red Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    what a difference a year makes.
    going to have to fight to make it in this year.

53 games to go.

ALE:
    NYY
    TB 7.5
    BOS 10

WC:
    CLE +2.5
    TB -
    OAK 0.5
    BOS 2.5

need to leapfrog 2 teams to get the 2nd WC spot.
    need a miracle to get the ALE title.

Me? i have NOT given up hope on the division. i most certainly believe we can be one of the 2 teams in the playin game to get to ALDS.

Time to go on a W streak.
    Time for the SP to STEP UP!

who's with me?
    I'm with you, but the confidence is starting to get lost with me. Every time this team shows some promise like going 5-2 in the Rays/Yankees series, they piss it away and lose 3 or 4 in a row. We need to get on a streak starting tonight, and hope to hell that this starting rotation get's their shit together (more specifically Sale, Price and Porcello)

But it all starts with one win, so lets get it tonight!!!

Sale, Porcello, Price (and Eavoldi) need to have a pow-wow and basically will themselves into the right frame of mind. Basically get rid of the negativity in their minds, and clear the air and then go out pitch to their capabilities. If they all get it together and then combine Rock the Cashner and EROD, the team will flourish. The offense is good enough, they just need to not have to always chase the score. It's a different Sox offense, and what's sad is that the Sox are one of the MLB leaders in rallying from deficits to win--except that cup is/has run dry. Yesterday, 5-0, then 6-2, then 8-5. Chase, chase, chase. Can't have it, and the buck starts with SPs getting quality to better starts, and all of them getting 18 outs minimum, hopefully 21 to 24.

I think Porcello is done. He’s always had marginal velocity but has managed with prime movement and location. His balls aren’t moving and his location is far too often middle middle. He’s still young enough, but he’s been a big leaguer since he was 20 and has tons of miles on his arm. I don’t think there’s another gear for him to get to

Porcello??? More like POOR SMELL OH!!!!!

Gosh I am really bored at work.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Porcello??? More like POOR SMELL OH!!!!!

Gosh I am really bored at work.
    Same here. Tomorrow is my EDO.... This is my Friday, gonna get beer and then go home. Also Saskatchewan Roughriders are playing Hamilton Tigercats tonight so i'll be watching that. I live in Saskatchewan. CFL is big here haha, though I prefer the Colts way way more.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    right. hence the "miracle" part. but as my friend Al once said...."do you believe in miracles? YES"
    Heart does. Head doesn’t..

Best hope is for Sox to "back into" the WC. This team is terrible at run prevention. Most likely this a a countdown to the Sox watching other teams in the playoffs.

Point blank.... we are terrible in so many ways! This team doesn’t deserve a WC spot! Hell give it to the teams that are playing with passion and fire and determination! There is no leadership on this team! And why does Cora continue to play worthless sacks of elephant dung? Pitching is terrible, hitting is terrible, defense at times is terrible, coaching is terrible in every aspect of the game! Such a theme here in 2019!