Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Sale to IL with elbow injury

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    My perspective is in my signature line.
    Who is happier, the 2007 New York Giants or the 2007 New England Patriots? The Patriots only lost one game that year. . . .

It's all about championships.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    My perspective is in my signature line.
    Another perspective:

"Stepping back" this season, the Seattle Mariners are a historically struggling franchise on pace for its worst record since 2011.

Yet the current Red Sox record (67-59) is closer to the Mariner record (52-73) than to the current Yankee record (83-43).

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    If that's the definition then indeed the Red Sox have outperformed the Yankees this decade.

By other measures, not so much.

Pick your perspective.
    Yeah Harmony I'll take the rings on isle 4 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Yeah Harmony I'll take the rings on isle 4 !!!
    Double DFA this season for @RealSwihart

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Because we won a title in 2009 by giving out bloated contracts and gave out a bloated extension to a roided out third baseman against Cashman's wishes. We spent a few years reveling over the past with a broken down SS who is going into the HOF. We experience the back half of what you're about to deal with. We spent 2013-2016 recovering from and getting beyond those bloated deals. We spent those years prospect building and have created a team that leads all of baseball in win percentage.

You may not remember the wresting of power that took place after the Ellsbury mishap. Cashman did not want to give out the Ellsbury deal. He fought that one tooth and nail, but Boras went to Levine and the rest is history. Since that deal was signed, you haven't seen the types of long term, crippling contracts given out like they had been. Cashman finally demanded and got control

Now tell me, how does a team that leads the league in payroll miss the playoffs? That's what you're about to experience. Enjoy that one
    Eat a dick. No TJS despite your best wishes....
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    So now the question is what do they do for the remainder of 2019. I would monitor him and see if he can get back to pitching pain free. If he can do that I would let him pitch just to continue what is clearly a transition to a 30+ year old pitcher that can't depend on Gas anywhere near the degree he has in the past. If he can't pitch pain free, then it will have to wait till 2020.

They just announced the he will be out for 6+ weeks, he can come back completely healthy next year

Quote Originally Posted by bellhorn04 View Post
    my perspective is in my signature line.
    bam!
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    They just announced the he will be out for 6+ weeks, he can come back completely healthy next year
    I think the caveat is that whatever caused in elbow inflamation will likely return if he doesn't alter his pitching style. In the latter games he was hitting 97 again and maybe that was too much for the elbow. Good news that no Tommy John though

He will be back for the ALDS
    other names i have posted under: none

Sale shut down for the year.

Brutal news.

How do you guys get updates so fast lol. I just got the update now.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    How do you guys get updates so fast lol. I just got the update now.
    subscribe to mlbtraderumors.com

you'll get instant alerts

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    He will be back for the ALDS
    I'm not sure, but I believe he was shut down for the year

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    I think the caveat is that whatever caused in elbow inflamation will likely return if he doesn't alter his pitching style. In the latter games he was hitting 97 again and maybe that was too much for the elbow. Good news that no Tommy John though
    it's been sometime now that elbow problems don't necessarily means TJS, see Tanaka, last couple years we all thought his elbow was a ticking bomb, now is more like a distant memory