Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sale to IL with elbow injury

Sale to IL with elbow injury

Real or fake? I’m intrigued.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Yep. 10 days on the IL retroactive to August 11. I don't know what we'd do without some non-troll posting this on TalkSox 2 minutes after it appears on the Red Sox site.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Or irrelevant.
    As long as its not a serious injury that threatens NEXT year, its irrelevant.
    Last edited by FredLynn; 08-17-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Legend
    Chris Sale to visit Dr. James Andrews, according to Adam Kaufman of WBZ News Radio:

https://twitter.com/AdamMKaufman/sta...48116934156288

And from the Boston Globe's Pete Abraham:

https://twitter.com/PeteAbe/status/1162844316257181698
    Last edited by harmony; 08-17-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Clearly I don’t want him hurt. When I saw the news initially I thought it was a convenient way to shut him down. But this sounds more serious than that. Hopefully he’s not headed for TJS

All-Star
    1) That the season's not over has much to do with Sale's last two outings. 2) This news to me thus means the season is over. (esp with the mixed news about Price) 3) I expected something like this because I had a real sense that the great effort Sale put out might somehow put him on the IL.

This news sucks more than the current standings.

And that's why you wait till he plays this full season before you extend him

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    This news sucks more than the current standings.
    Ok let's cut the shit we all know this is the worst case scenario How long is TJ to recover? a year ? So we won't even see another Sale start if he does the operation Friday until next September ? We need another Ace folks and there's only one way to get one .GoodbyeBenny or worse

I know this insane but has anyone watched Thad Ward pitch ? 96 disgusting breaking ball very verrrry raw but talent is clearly there .Shoupd we adopt the Rays gameplan and use these pitchers a couple innings start using openers ? We do have talent but it'may need to be rushed ? Don't kill me .

For most SP’s, the recovery is 15 months before seeing the rotation again and usually 18 months before being fully back to prior. Relievers can come back in 12 months assuming everything goes perfectly, which is doesn’t always

All-Star
    Unless this has just come down... no news till Mon-Tues on Sale's injury/condition. But it sure doesn't sound promising.

Miami clinic in the offseason. Back in time for ST
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    And that's why you wait till he plays this full season before you extend him
    Definitely. This is looking more and more like a huge Dombrowski blunder.

If Sale needs TJ Surgery, you really have to rethink where the organization goes from here. Without Sale, a rebuild makes a lot more sense. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Definitely. This is looking more and more like a huge Dombrowski blunder.

If Sale needs TJ Surgery, you really have to rethink where the organization goes from here. Without Sale, a rebuild makes a lot more sense. . . .
    If Sale misses 2020, then a rebuild is almost assured. You’ll have two holes in the rotation to fill and instead of it being just the 4 slot, you’d need to fill the 1 and 4 slot. Sale hasn’t pitched like an ace this year (peripherals yes, performance against the good squads no) but he was going to lead your rotation into 2020. 2020 was the last year of the window anyway. This could jump start it.

Right now the Sox sit at either 19 or 20 in draft order (ties with CHC) and if they were in the NL, would be tied for the second wild card right now. If the Sox trail off and fade, they might slip below MIL, NYM, and PHI in record. That’s get them 16 in draft order. While the talent from 11-20 isn’t what it is from 1-10, the escalating draft pool will help the next GM pick some good players