Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 8/20 v Phillies

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    DD would be wise to resign and let someone else pick up the pieces.

We need to invest in the farm and 40 man roster depth.
    Next year. We still have one more year of relevancy left as long as Sale remembers how to pitch. After that its time to rebuild and DD is not the right guy for that job.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    No way, they'll probably replace Mount Rushmore with Justin Bieber, a lumberjack, Drake, and a bottle of maple syrup.
    Hahahahaha

OMG the stereotypes we Canucks have to put up with.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Reminds me of 2017.
    Wow. It always stuns me when Sox fans turn on the players. I agree Bogie made a bad decision going to 3b on a grounder to the left, but I am also aware that the Sox, including JDM on that very at bat, were 0 for 7 with RISP. So I remain unconvinced that play cost the Sox the game. In fact, had he made it safely to 3b, the Sox would not have had to get a doggone hit to bring him home.

What cost the Sox the game in my not so humble opinion was solid pitching by the Phillies, especially their starter, who had not only four good pitches--fastball, changeup, curve, and slider--but good command of them. Thus wild applause for JBJ nailing one of the very few mistakes Nola made last night.

Yes, Johnson was terrible in the 1st inning, but he actually went 3.1 innings and gave up only the 3 in the 1st. The Sox were still in the game, especially when the bullpen went 5.1 scoreless innings. But the Sox lineup just could not deliver with RISP, not because they are a bunch of boneheads, but because the Phillies pitching was good.

Deity
    DD would be wise to resign and let someone else pick up the pieces.

We need to invest in the farm and 40 man roster depth.
    I don't know what the fix is. You would know far better than I. But I do agree DD is not the right guy to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    No way, they'll probably replace Mount Rushmore with Justin Bieber, a lumberjack, Drake, and a bottle of maple syrup.
    Then again they might replace it with BACHMAN-TURNER OVERDRIVE.

Deity
    Back on my hobby horse. To me it's absurd to claim boneheaded plays are a significant cause of games lost this year. Why? Because the Sox ERA is the worst, 4.71, in the John Henry era(back to 2002), but the runs scored are 2d best in MLB and will likely be more than last year's Sox. The pitching is far and away the reason for this so-so season.

I am not defending Bogaerts on that play, which was wrong, but will defend him for the overall season he has had to date, including any and all errors committed in the field. If the starters had had seasons as good as Bogie's, the Sox would again be running away with the AL East.

Although your pitching is the big culprit for this season's troubles, I think it should be noted that runs scored/allowed this season are way up compared to last season. For reference the average MLB team scored 4.45 runs per game last year. This year that average is 4.86 runs per game. That's a 9% increase in just one year which is pretty significant. Juiced ball is the likely reason.