Register now to remove this ad

Page 162 of 371 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 5552

Thread: A Realistic View at 2020: Part I

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Over half the pitchers in baseball saw severely elevated home run rates...
    He used K rate first, until I told him he had his highest K/9 of his career in 2019, then he switched to HR/9 rates to make his point.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I don't pretend to understand any aspect of playing in MLB...
    I never said it was limited to MLB.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    He was one of the leaders. He lost my respect and many fans lost respect for him too. I just don't care about the guy. I'm a nobody. Who cares?
    I'm not down on Pedroia at all. It's probably something he shouldn't have said, but by all accounts, Pedroia is a great teammate and a great leader.

It's hard for me to hold one bad statement against a guy who seemingly gave it his all for many years.

Sure, it upset me and his teammates, but I'm not sure any of us know how his teammates still view him- knowing his history not just that one moment in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Sale will be fine.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It's hard to hold one bad statement against a guy who seemingly gave it his all for many years.
    Exactly, especially when we don't know the whole story behind it. Like I said, he probably shouldn't have said it, but we've all said things at one point or another that we wish we hadn't said.

Deity
    So the skankees are going after a big pitcher when they don’t even need pitching. They had one of their best pitchers suspended. Meanwhile we are thinking about trading one of our best players. I can see the skankees dominating the next 7 years to 10 years in the division.

I wonder how big of a story the Astros sign-stealing allegations will become.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    So the skankees are going after a big pitcher when they don’t even need pitching. They had one of their best pitchers suspended. Meanwhile we are thinking about trading one of our best players. I can see the skankees dominating the next 7 years to 10 years in the division.
    7 to 10, huh?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    7 to 10, huh?
    You don’t think that’s a stretch? We wanna trade our best players. If they trade betts for players they better make sure those prospects are ready to start from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I wonder how big of a story the Astros sign-stealing allegations will become.
    The MLB channel is making a big deal of it for now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Yup.
    I'm not sure where you guys are getting your optimism from. Of course I hope you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmeister View Post
    I'm not sure where you guys are getting your optimism from. Of course I hope you are right.
    I'm hopeful but would not bet on a big season from Sale.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It's hard for me to hold one bad statement against a guy who seemingly gave it his all for many years.

Sure, it upset me and his teammates, but I'm not sure any of us know how his teammates still view him- knowing his history not just that one moment in time.
    Pedroia single handedly fractured the locker room and sent our season down the tubes.

From being on teams as long as I was, I know the players have put all his nonsense behind them and are cheering for him to make a recovery, but not one will ever trust him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Pedroia single handedly fractured the locker room and sent our season down the tubes.

From being on teams as long as I was, I know the players have put all his nonsense behind them and are cheering for him to make a recovery, but not one will ever trust him again.
    You don't know shit.

Show some proof he somehow fractured the locker room of a team that won 93 games and a division title. The incident took place in April 2017. For a fractured team, they sure played pretty well the last 140-145 games of the season. C'mon, man up and show proof, although I know you won't.

I'll repeat myself, you don't know jack about anything.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough