Register now to remove this ad

Page 163 of 371 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 5552

Thread: A Realistic View at 2020: Part I

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Yup.
    It would be worst of luck if Price, Sale and Eovaldi ALL remain hurt for remainder of their contract years.

At best, this is not a bad starting rotation, regardless of who #5 is.

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    You don't know shit.

Show some proof he somehow fractured the locker room of a team that won 93 games and a division title. The incident took place in April 2017. For a fractured team, they sure played pretty well the last 140-145 games of the season. C'mon, man up and show proof, although I know you won't.

I'll repeat myself, you don't know jack about anything.
    Agreed. The facts totally contradict Larry's statement. Which is nothing new, of course. There are reasons he does his posting in late night drive-by fashion, and rarely responds when anyone calls him on his nonsense.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Reminds me of the fans and media jumped all over Lackey for being a poor teammate. It turned out his antics were directed at himself not the other players, they knew it and they loved him.

I agree. We don't know jack shit about what goes on in the clubhouse and the hearts and souls of every or most players.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Do you know how serious Sale's was/is? Could they have just put him on the DL because we were out of it, and maybe it wasn't as bad as it might appear to be?

Could they have given him the injection out of precaution, and maybe it's not really a sign it was/is severe tendinitis?

Again, I'm not pretending to know how he'll be next year, but I'm continually surprised you seem to know for sure.
    Why do PRP for grade 1 tendinitis? Doesn’t make sense. Why see Andrews for a negative tear MRI? One of the gifts I was given in my training was to read through bullshit when it comes to medical treatments, drugs, etc. as there’s a lot of misinformation. I’m seeing a treatment here for a partial or complete tear yet a media report of “mild tendinitis”. It is his medical information, so maybe he hasn’t given permission beyond what was stated to disseminate anything else? Maybe the Sox want more people to buy season tickets with the hope he isn’t more hurt than he is? Who knows, but the treatment doesn’t fit the stated disease

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I wonder how big of a story the Astros sign-stealing allegations will become.
    it would be even bigger if there was a parade in Houston last month...
    other names i have posted under: none

Reminds me of the fans and media jumped all over Lackey for being a poor teammate. It turned out his antics were directed at himself not the other players, they knew it and they loved him.
    come on moon. your post is not true at all. lackey may have occasionally bit his own head off but he was NOTORIOUS for showing up his fielders. it was certainly why i always hated him and hated his signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It would be worst of luck if Price, Sale and Eovaldi ALL remain hurt for remainder of their contract years.

At best, this is not a bad starting rotation, regardless of who #5 is.
    I'm fairly confident Price & Eovaldi will continue to mix periods of effectiveness in with their ongoing injuries. Sale I'm most worried about. E-Rod is the clear leader of the rotation now.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Why do PRP for grade 1 tendinitis? Doesn’t make sense. Why see Andrews for a negative tear MRI? One of the gifts I was given in my training was to read through bullshit when it comes to medical treatments, drugs, etc. as there’s a lot of misinformation. I’m seeing a treatment here for a partial or complete tear yet a media report of “mild tendinitis”. It is his medical information, so maybe he hasn’t given permission beyond what was stated to disseminate anything else? Maybe the Sox want more people to buy season tickets with the hope he isn’t more hurt than he is? Who knows, but the treatment doesn’t fit the stated disease
    I'm no expert, so tell me, does anyone with Sale's type of symptoms ever get better without surgery? Or, is everyone doomed like you make him out to be?

Not knowing the severity of his tendinitis, how can you possible know the odds?

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, and I'm assuming you know more about tendinitis than I do, but I'd like an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    come on moon. your post is not true at all. lackey may have occasionally bit his own head off but he was NOTORIOUS for showing up his fielders. it was certainly why i always hated him and hated his signing.
    Come on Slasher. You have the facts mixed up.

I, too, thought his antics after our LF'er made an error were way out of line, but upon the explanation and watching the replay again, I believed the story, and his teammates lined up to defend him afterwards. I believed them, too, but I suppose they could have all been lying.

Do you have even one statement from an ex-teammate that says he was a bad teammate?

He was a fierce competitor, and hated to lose. He lost it many times, when things went badly.

if i found a teammate that publicly called him out i would lose respect for that snitch too.
    players code is a real thing.
    i am just going by years of watching him pitch both for us and against us. there is not 1 particular instance i was referring to.

I'm no expert, so tell me, does anyone with Sale's type of symptoms ever get better without surgery? Or, is everyone doomed like you make him out to be?

Not knowing the severity of his tendinitis, how can you possible know the odds?

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, and I'm assuming you know more about tendinitis than I do, but I'd like an explanation.
    Just reading up on it here: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...der-tendonitis

if i found a teammate that publicly called him out i would lose respect for that snitch too.
    i am just going by years of watching him pitch both for us and against us. there is not 1 particular instance i was referring to.
    Players don't often come out in numbers to defend someone they dislike.

Deity

I agree. We don't know jack shit about what goes on in the clubhouse and the hearts and souls of every or most players.
    It also turns out more of the ire from fans directed at Lackey was possibly influenced by his poor performance the first 2 seasons. A player can get away with more in our eyes if he is actually producing. No one disliked Orlando Cabrera when he stepped in and helped salvage the 2004 season, but the man has a litany of stories around him centered around being an extremely selfish player and a terrible teammate...

Deity
    So you don't like Kershaw, who, along with teammate Scott Van Slyke, publicly aired gripes about Yasiel Puig?

What about Larry Bigbie, who voluntarily ended his own career by naming names in the Mitchell Report? What he did was actually probably good for baseball, and it was a total case of self-sacrifice. Is he a villain too?

Deity
    Players don't often come out in numbers to defend someone they dislike.
    Tomase wrote an article about Lackey before the surgery and missed season about how loved he was by all his teammates. He was just an intense competitor on the field. There are scores pf pitchers like him. Brad "The Animal" Lesley was nothing but a blip in MLB history, but his reputation for being animated and shouting all over the field was so well known, it landed him a role in the movie "Little Big League" where he played a fictional version of himself...