Register now to remove this ad

Page 232 of 371 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 5552

Thread: A Realistic View at 2020: Part I

Jacko is not a troll: he's just a Yankee fan. Let's get back to baseball talk.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Jacko is not a troll
    To quote Jacko, "You're delusional".

Being a Yankees fan and not being a troll are not exclusive properties.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    You seem to forget that we saw 4 parades in 5 years not too long before your first. But you probably blocked that out, or are too dumb to remember.
    None in the last 10 years! Keep living in the past! You know, I should stop debating you because its hard to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post

Exactly! On a Red Sox board!

As moon says, let's keep this thread to baseball talk.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

When was it not?

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post

True.

Personally, I don't view Jacko as a troll.

Of course, a Yankee fan on a Sox site is going to stir things up, and he clearly has a bias, but so do we.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

When was it not?
    Name-calling is not baseball.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

True.

Of course, a Yankee fan on a Sox site is going to stir things up, and he clearly has a bias, but so do we.
    What I find particularly amusing is a Yankees fan who comes to a Red Sox board to "stir things up" and then accuses a Red Sox fan of trolling HIM! LOL
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Legend
    I think Jackson is a Good Poster. Razzing between Sox-Yankee Fans is healthy. But, he does come across as fair to me. I think he's OK.

All-Star
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    I think Jackson is a Good Poster. Razzing between Sox-Yankee Fans is healthy. But, he does come across as fair to me. I think he's OK.
    Same, FWIW.

Thanks guys, I think? Yes this is a Sox board, but it’s pretty consistent with my day to day as I live in Mass. I am on a Yankee board too. I’ve been on a few others in the past, but some are ridiculously optimistic and even ban you for anything negative. I’m permanently banned at NYYFans after suggesting that Arod sucked and shouldn’t have been extended after his opt out. Weird.

I'm ok debating baseball with Yankee fans, until they get arrogant. As a Red Sox fan, I don't need constant replays of all the failed decades that Fox TV obnoxiously tries to revive every time Boston loses a game in the fricking standings. It's old, tired, and so last century. I'm also close to a lot of older Yankee fans who no longer expect the ghosts of Monument Park to work their voodoo on Sox players. Neither do those NY fans need reminders that their team has lost in all seven postseasons they've participated in in the past decade.

The Yankee dynasty around the turn of the century was legit, and I'll always acknowledge it; it wasn't luck, except for how fortunate one club was to have the greatest player in baseball history at his position. Rivera was the all-time difference-maker -- especially in Octobers -- and it wasn't until he was finally human that other teams had the chance to take a few rings away. He's a good guy and even Sox fans were happy to see him go to Cooperstown (plus, that means he's been retired for five years!)

Deity
    Thanks guys, I think? Yes this is a Sox board, but it’s pretty consistent with my day to day as I live in Mass. I am on a Yankee board too. I’ve been on a few others in the past, but some are ridiculously optimistic and even ban you for anything negative. I’m permanently banned at NYYFans after suggesting that Arod sucked and shouldn’t have been extended after his opt out. Weird.
    Every Red Sox board needs a resident Yankee fan.

Every Yankee board I have ever tried to post on usually immediately bans anyone who doesn't immediately fellate all things pinstriped. I don't even try to post on those intolerable places anymore..

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Every Red Sox board needs a resident Yankee fan.

Every Yankee board I have ever tried to post on usually immediately bans anyone who doesn't immediately fellate all things pinstriped. I don't even try to post on those intolerable places anymore..
    I had a similar experience on a Yankee forum. I would get trashed as a Mariner fan but would respond with good-natured ribbing, offending the moderators’ delicate sensibilities.