Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Andrew Luck retires

Andrew Luck retires

WTF? Mentally worn out? Wow
    Hal sucks

Time for Tyler to change his photo

We’ve seen a lot of superstars retire in prime recently. Calvin Johnson, Patrick Willis and now Andrew Luck.

Calvin followed Barry Sanders as Lions legends who were sick of losing and had no recourse due to their contract issues.

Willis essentially had a career ending injury to his foot.

Luck, I guess, is a conglomeration of shoulder and ankle injuries.

But this generation and their need for fulfillment really is to blame here. Maybe it’s a good thing, maybe not that these players care more about their quality of life and their fulfillment than about being the best they can be in their chosen craft. Luck didn’t like that he was always hurt. Well, that’s football for you. Take a look at LT, Montana, Theismann, any of the greats, and they were always battling something. Maybe Luck said, I’ve got my money, now let’s see if my brain will work long term. Who knows? It’s a blow to the league. It’s a blow to his legacy. But maybe it’s good for him, who knows. I have a sneaking suspicion that Luck returns next year after taking a year away from football

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Time for Tyler to change his photo
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Calvin followed Barry Sanders as Lions legends who were sick of losing and had no recourse due to their contract issues.

Willis essentially had a career ending injury to his foot.

Luck, I guess, is a conglomeration of shoulder and ankle injuries.

But this generation and their need for fulfillment really is to blame here. Maybe it’s a good thing, maybe not that these players care more about their quality of life and their fulfillment than about being the best they can be in their chosen craft. Luck didn’t like that he was always hurt. Well, that’s football for you. Take a look at LT, Montana, Theismann, any of the greats, and they were always battling something. Maybe Luck said, I’ve got my money, now let’s see if my brain will work long term. Who knows? It’s a blow to the league. It’s a blow to his legacy. But maybe it’s good for him, who knows. I have a sneaking suspicion that Luck returns next year after taking a year away from football
    Old man yells at cloud.

Sorry Tyler.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I'd like to have a buck for every boxer and football player who hung around too long and paid the price for it . Smart move by Luck . You only live once .