Register now to remove this ad

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 9/07 Yankems @ SOX 4:05PM EST

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    I bet if a hitter got known for swinging regularly at 3-0 pitches, he would wind up walking far more often than taking 3-0.
    Interesting stat of the day:

Kevin Youkilis had 292 3-0 counts in his career. He did not swing once in such counts.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Didn't say that at all. Listen man, you're just butthurt that your window closed and you're staring at the abyss. Have fun with that.

I have said that Happ has closed well the past few seasons and he had a really solid 4 year run prior to this season. His velocity has been down all season and is finally spiking now. Maybe that portends good things, who knows. But he's thrown two straight shutout starts against solid offenses, so that helps. He could regress to the slug. He could stay useful. I still don't trust him in the POs and my hope is his end of year hot streak can stoke the flames of a trade in the offseason.

If I was a GM I would never trade with the Yankees; the Evil Empire always seems to wind up on the better end of the deal. Goes for the Cardinals , too.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

I’ll be watching Pats Steelers but flipping to the Sox. Hope they perform better than yesterday.

Deity
    If you want to pull your hair out, Mets v Phillies are 3.5 Hours in and .........just started the bottom of the 7th in a 10-6 contest. Houston up on Mariners 21-1 and STILL GOING!

But fear not MLB fans....as bad as it is getting in MLB at least we are not NASCAR......yet. A quick perusal of the vacancies at the NASCAR Brickyard 400 today would suggest they are expiring now, never mind a few years from now.

PS. 6 minutes later in the Mets/Phillies still no outs recorded in the bottom of the 7th. The Energizer bunny got nuthin' on MLB. We just keep going and going and going.....
    Last edited by jung; 09-08-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Deity
    Oh now this is so special. ESPN has the Sunday night Yanks/Sox game but the US Open finals have not finished up yet. Hell of a partner you have there MLB.