Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 86 of 86

Thread: Not a popular stance .Extend JBJ 3 years 21 million

  1. #76
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    28,425
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I left ERod out of my arbitration players.
    Arbs next year:

    Betts 3rd of 3
    JBJ 4 of 4
    ERod 3 of 4
    Leon 4 of 4 (non tender)
    Barnes 2 of 3
    Wright 3 of 3 (non tender?)
    Hembree 2 of 3 (non tender or trade?)
    Workman 3 of 3
    Beni 1 of 3
    Marco 1 of 3
    Weber 1 of 3
    J Smith, Gorkys & Centeno (non tenders)
    That $56M will likely be all gone, even without JBJ. There may be $2-6M left over.

    Sox 4 Ever

  2. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Slav, I think you deal ERod. I am almost certain that if Betts goes, ERod is right behind him. Second arb is usually pricey albeit not as bad as the final year and arb takes into account 2 years of production. His last 2 years have been pretty solid. He is gonna get paid. And if the sox are clearing out, there is no point in holding onto him during two down seasons. The Yanks and Rays aint going anywhere the next 2 seasons, so you might as well get a haul for him and jumpstart the talent acquisition phase of the rebuild
    Dream on troll

  3. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Arbs next year:

    Betts 3rd of 3
    JBJ 4 of 4
    ERod 3 of 4
    Leon 4 of 4 (non tender)
    Barnes 2 of 3
    Wright 3 of 3 (non tender?)
    Hembree 2 of 3 (non tender or trade?)
    Workman 3 of 3
    Beni 1 of 3
    Marco 1 of 3
    Weber 1 of 3
    J Smith, Gorkys & Centeno (non tenders)
    That $56M will likely be all gone, even without JBJ. There may be $2-6M left over.

    These are facts, yet you also chose to annotate with judgments about non tenders, etc. In that case, JBJ is probably a trade or non-tender and Marco is a possible trade or non-tender. Clearly if we non-tender Leon and Centeno, we will have to find a backup catcher, the same with JBJ if we go that route we will have to add a CF.

  4. #79
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    28,425
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    These are facts, yet you also chose to annotate with judgments about non tenders, etc. In that case, JBJ is probably a trade or non-tender and Marco is a possible trade or non-tender. Clearly if we non-tender Leon and Centeno, we will have to find a backup catcher, the same with JBJ if we go that route we will have to add a CF.
    Marco's arb will be small, so I think we keep him. Plus, we need a 2Bman and back up 3B/SS with Holt likely gone.
    If we non tender Leon or Centeno, we may still bring them back at a lower cost.

    I didn't mention the JBJ non tender, trade or arb choice, because it's a given and the center of debate for this thread.

    Betts, ERod, Barnes, Workman, Beni, Marco and Weber will likely eat up almost all of the $56M left under the first tax line. There may be $2-6M left over, unless there's a trade or some of the guys I just listed are not tendered.
    Sox 4 Ever

  5. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Dream on troll
    Ah yes, lashing out. Very common for the young fans who don't get their way. Enjoy the next 5 years bud!
    The rebuild is complete.

  6. #81
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    28,425
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Ah yes, lashing out. Very common for the young fans who don't get their way. Enjoy the next 5 years bud!
    Gloating with no rings in 9 years is must be enjoyable for you.
    Sox 4 Ever

  7. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Gloating with no rings in 9 years is must be enjoyable for you.
    I did enjoy 3 in 4 years during my prime years, so I cannot complain
    The rebuild is complete.

  8. #83
    Yankees won't win a ring this year not a chance .I think they get bounced early like always .

  9. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I did enjoy 3 in 4 years during my prime years, so I cannot complain
    Most of us would love to pretend we care, but don’t.

    You have become a complete dick.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

  10. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Most of us would love to pretend we care, but don’t.

    You have become a complete dick.
    This !!! Why is he allowed to troll the shit out of this site ?

  11. #86
    Legend Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,780
    Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Most of us would love to pretend we care, but don’t.

    You have become a complete dick.
    yup.

    here ya go jackoff:
    pig-pile2.jpg
    other names i have posted under: none

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •