Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DD Fired. Big Ppi on Hand. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Doesn't this kind of contradict this:

I don't see the firing of Dombrowski as a sign that Henry is going to blow the team up, or anything close to that. Despite the way they have looked for much of this season, the team has a lot of talent and should be able to compete next year with some pitching help. I don't expect any big surprises in terms of getting rid of the starting players. I guess you could call trading JBJ a big surprise, but most would not.

It is possible to win now while having a vision for the long term. Henry just needs to find the right guy to do it.
    It really depends on what Henry is planning to do in terms of resetting.

Do I see Henry blowing up the team and having a big fire sale? No, even if that means not resetting the tax penalty. That means we still have our strong core of players and a few shrewd, yet inexpensive moves by the new GM will keep us competitive. But only because of the talent already on the team.

Either way, reset or not, there won't be any new top tier replacements coming to the team any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Henry doesn't seem to have a lot of trouble finding the right guys . But no matter how successful they may be , things seem to go sour .
    I want Henry to find someone who has a long term vision as well as a short term one. IMO, that was Theo and then Ben. Dombrowski, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I want Henry to find someone who has a long term vision as well as a short term one. IMO, that was Theo and then Ben. Dombrowski, not so much.
    Ben is available, isn't he?
    Sox 4 Ever

Ben is available, isn't he?
    They have already said that Ben is not a candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    They have already said that Ben is not a candidate.
    Would you want him back?
    Sox 4 Ever

Would you want him back?
    Absolutely. Have you not been paying attention for the past 4 years? LOL I would welcome him back with open arms. My top choice would be Theo, but I'd be very happy to have Ben back.