Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Billie Beane time ???

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I am entirely, 100% convinced that you’ve seen the best from Sale. His arm just cannot handle it anymore. He either dials down and becomes more hittable or he continues to sell out for velocity and gets hurt. Price, similar as well, although he’s adjusted to his lost velocity. He just cannot stay healthy. Eovaldi is showing you what i saw for a couple years in the Bronx. Great stuff, intermittent dominance mixed with maddening inconsistency and major injuries. His choices to lead his rotation will haunt the Sox for years
    take your stupid fucking opinion on sale and stick it up your ass. this thread is about Brad Pitt becoming our GM and you need to drag Sale thru bronx mud???
    other names i have posted under: none

Triple A
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I thought that trade was Hoyer and either Cherington or Byrnes...
    The trade was orchestrated by Hoyer and Lajoie Cherington was oppose to the trade because it involved his beloved Hanley Ramirez but he was out voted by the rest of the group. He liked Ramirez so much he brought him back to the Red Sox to play left field.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I am entirely, 100% convinced that you’ve seen the best from Sale. His arm just cannot handle it anymore. He either dials down and becomes more hittable or he continues to sell out for velocity and gets hurt. Price, similar as well, although he’s adjusted to his lost velocity. He just cannot stay healthy. Eovaldi is showing you what i saw for a couple years in the Bronx. Great stuff, intermittent dominance mixed with maddening inconsistency and major injuries. His choices to lead his rotation will haunt the Sox for years
    If Sale is struggling with his lost velocity, it certainly isn't showing up in his strikeout numbers. His 13.32 K/9 is the second highest of his MLB career, behind last year's 13.50, despite a fastball coming in an average of 1.5 mph slower than in 2018...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry33 View Post
    The trade was orchestrated by Hoyer and Lajoie Cherington was oppose to the trade because it involved his beloved Hanley Ramirez but he was out voted by the rest of the group. He liked Ramirez so much he brought him back to the Red Sox to play left field.
    Hanley Ramirez reportedly had a hand in that, with his agent calling Boston to relay that Hanley would take a lesser deal to return...

If Sale is struggling with his lost velocity, it certainly isn't showing up in his strikeout numbers. His 13.32 K/9 is the second highest of his MLB career, behind last year's 13.50, despite a fastball coming in an average of 1.5 mph slower than in 2018...
    No issue with velo, but his OPSa when throwing fastballs under 95mph is over 1.000

We hope.

This is one of the repeatedly questioned deals that reportedly lead to DD's firing and is often named as why the Sox might be moving Betts...
    I don't think this deal had much to do with the firing. We'll never know of course.

But JH appeared to be behind this 100%, saying they didn't want to make the same mistake they made with Lester.

As for the health of Sale's arm, DD isn't a doctor and he had to rely on the team's medical staff.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Settle down a bit, Jax. Eovaldi's injuries the last 2 seasons haven't been major.

Just a wee bit of negative bias in your forecast.
    Funny how E-O's look major but Paxton, who has never gone more than 161 IP, are minor.
    Sox 4 Ever

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Funny how E-O's look major but Paxton, who has never gone more than 161 IP, are minor.
    Boston righthander Nathan Eovaldi has not exceeded 124.2 innings in season since 2015 and is five seasons removed from his career-best 199.2 innings in 2014:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...ovalna01.shtml

Eovaldi has pitched a total of 163.2 regular-season innings since 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Boston righthander Nathan Eovaldi has not exceeded 124.2 innings in season since 2015 and is five seasons removed from his career-best 199.2 innings in 2014:

Yes, the innings totals tend to get knocked down by Tommy John surgery.

He actually pitched 133.1 innings last year, if you would be so kind as to admit postseason innings as innings that should count.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Paxton is a guy I would have never touched. There is something about those Canadian pitchers that just screams "I need Tommy John Surgery" so often, the words should be incorporated into the national anthem...

Paxton is a guy I would have never touched. There is something about those Canadian pitchers that just screams "I need Tommy John Surgery" so often, the words should be incorporated into the national anthem...
    The cold air makes arms more brittle.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post

I know, but that was not my point.

Sale, who has the second best xFIP this year, is toast, because his velo is down. Price has pitched limited innings recently. He's toast.

Sevy missed almost the whole year, but his velo is the same, so he's not toast.

Eo has missed a ton of time and is toast.

Paxton has missed a ton of time but is going to be great because he's had 4 straight good outtings.

I see a pattern. You should, too.
    Sox 4 Ever

IP
    Price: 248, 220, 230, 75, 176, 107= toast
    Sale: 209, 227, 214, 158, 147= toast
    Eovaldi: 199.2, 154, 125, 0, 11, 53= toast

Paxton: (highest in minor leagues 145)
    74, 67, 121, 136, 160, 139= headed for greatness and about to lead the Yanks to the first ring since 2009!
    Severino: 193, 191, 0= no concerns- headed for greatness.

Sale has more IP than Paxton the last 2 years. Price is just 16 IP behind. That may change, soon, but you get my point, right?
    Last edited by moonslav59; 09-11-2019 at 03:59 PM.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Problem is Theo holds the same position with the Cubs that DD had with the Red Sox. It would be a lateral move which are generally frowned upon in MLB. At best the Cubs would want significant compensation, and it will be far beyond what the teams worked out last time.
    Valid point about the lateral move. It's not happening, but Theo would most definitely be my pick.

Well the Billie wishful thinking on my part seems mute .Hazen not happening either .Any ideas folks ?