Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 9/18 Giants @ SOX 7:10PM EST

As I was leaving the ballpark last night, I passed the Ted Williams Museum table where they were selling/auctioning memorabilia. Since there were lots of Giant fans in the house, there was a lot of Giants memorabilia. I thought this one was interesting.

The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Speaking of selling/auctioning memorabilia...

At JBPark there's always a table set up with a so-called 'silent auction' going on. You enter your bid for different items on a clipboard and bidding stops after the 6th inning.

What they don't tell you is that after the sixth inning the auction becomes a LIVE auction with the starting price being whatever the highest amount previously bid is.

If you're ever there and are tempted to enter an early bid remember that in actuality you're bidding against yourself. All you're doing is driving the starting price up, which will probably be reflected in the final sale price.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Here's my inferior quality video of Yaz throwing out the first pitch to his grandson.

https://youtu.be/5jy3crJ2Vsc
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."