Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 95

Thread: Game Thread Sep 19/19 Giants (Bumgarner) @ Red Sox (E-Rod)

  1. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yeah, thanks for those big reinforcements for the lineup, Dave!
    I'd fire his ass for that. Oops, nevermind.

  2. #17
    Deity
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,733
    Isn't it a real encouraging end to the season to have all this sludge brought up to reinforce our optimism for the future?

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    good guys lead 2-1
    There are no 'good guys,' just the lesser of two evils.

  4. #19
    At least Beni finally got a hit.

  5. #20
    Deity
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,733
    No ump at 2nd today. Anybody want to lay odds on Joe's ability to cover from 1st. Come to think of it, I don't think there is any help coming from 3rd base either. If 3rd base ump tries to shade 2nd there is no way he is getting to 3rd to make a call. Maybe a no stealing rule has been initiated cause I have no idea what they are going to do.

  6. #21
    Deity
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,733
    Jacko mortified. Domingo German put on administrative leave by MLB on a domestic violence charge.

  7. #22
    Deity
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,733
    There he is....3rd base ump moved to 2nd. Want to lay odds on his ability to get anywhere near 3rd base from where he was standing. Are they gonna' have the home plate ump abandon home where runs are scored to cover 3rd.

    Would hate to see the consequences if those two umps had to whisper in each other's ears. The result might require ambulatory care.

  8. #23
    There may only be two umps working the bases, but their combined weight would equal 3 umps.

  9. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    There he is....3rd base ump moved to 2nd. Want to lay odds on his ability to get anywhere near 3rd base from where he was standing. Are they gonna' have the home plate ump abandon home where runs are scored to cover 3rd.

    Would hate to see the consequences if those two umps had to whisper in each other's ears. The result might require ambulatory care.

    Just go with the entertainment value.

  10. #25
    #SurvivingFarrell Station 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    22,587
    Chris Owings has a -31 OPS+. Does that means he owes money?

  11. #26
    Deity
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Chris Owings has a -31 OPS+. Does that means he owes money?
    It does in my book. Fork it over kid! If I had college debt, you have baseball debt.

  12. #27
    Deity
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,733
    This is looking like one of those crazy games where NOTHING can be relied upon until the last out has been recorded....somewhere around 10:00 tonight.

  13. #28
    Legend TylerD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,722
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    There are no 'good guys,' just the lesser of two evils.
    On that note I’m getting A and W.

  14. #29
    #SurvivingFarrell Station 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    22,587
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    It does in my book. Fork it over kid! If I had college debt, you have baseball debt.
    Debt to the patrons who are watching Corkys and Owings.

  15. #30
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    24,041
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Jacko mortified. Domingo German put on administrative leave by MLB on a domestic violence charge.
    Wow.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •