Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread Sep 19/19 Giants (Bumgarner) @ Red Sox (E-Rod)

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Wow, don't think we have that in my city.... Does it have more bite?
    Not more bite, but, imho, a bit tastier.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Not more bite, but, imho, a bit tastier.
    I need to find this.

who has more hits - red sox or german?
    other names i have posted under: none

Back in the 90's there was a company PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH, who used to sell Birch Beer at the equivalent price of other sodas. The company in my area, whose name I can't remember, is now selling a six-pack of 11oz bottles for $8.00.
    Must be a shortage of Birch trees.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 09-19-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Deity
    ah, Birch Beer.....one small grocery store had a great Birch Beer when I was growing up. Not smart enough at the time to record the brand. It was excellent. Just enough bite....just sweet enough. Tried to duplicate it ever since. None have come close. Very disappointing.

Deity
    The unmistakable voice of Joe Morgan in the EEI booth.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Back in the 90's there was a company PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH, who used to sell Birch Beer at the equivalent price of other sodas. The company in my area, whose name I cant't remember, is now selling a six-pack of 11oz bottles for $8.00.
    Must be a shortage of Birch trees.
    Holy shit. I mean I would still pay it if it’s the worth the taste. Some things are worth the price once and a while.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    ah, Birch Beer.....one small grocery store had a great Birch Beer when I was growing up. Not smart enough at the time to record the brand. It was excellent. Just enough bite....just sweet enough. Tried to duplicate it ever since. None have come close. Very disappointing.
    Damn that’s too bad. Must not be popular in Canada or at least in Regina. I honestly don’t think I have seen any birch beer at any grocery stores.

Deity
    So Peralta records a 6+ era in 39 MLB appearances. Well OK that sucks but whatever.

But how about these guys that come up from AAA sporting a 5-6+ era in AAA!!!! Where are we going with THAT MLB?

Another very fine start by E-rod. In regards to BUM, he was so worried about Gorkys and Owings, it messed up his concentration on the other batters.

Deity
    Damn that’s too bad. Must not be popular in Canada or at least in Regina. I honestly don’t think I have seen any birch beer at any grocery stores.
    The brands that used to have a Birch Beer were usually the brands that had a cream soda and a root beer. Birch would slide right into that lineup. I have kept expecting IBC to make a Birch Beer so that I could at least try it. No luck. Stewarts....same story....should have one but don't. Jones or Dr Jones whatever the hell it is should probably not even attempt it.

Polar has one I THINK. I know they had one. Not to my liking but as with all things, your mileage may vary.

It is usually clear in color and that clear color makes you feel like you just got your hands on some real moonshine liquor though the taste is not similar.....but that clarity of the liquid just makes you feel like you are doing something illegal, especially if you are only 8 years old. Its moonshine clear as opposed to sparkling water clear.

Seriously E-Rod has been so damn good for us this season, next year it's looking like he is our Ace unless Sale somehow breaks out of this weird funk he had this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    The brands that used to have a Birch Beer were usually the brands that had a cream soda and a root beer. Birch would slide right into that lineup. I have kept expecting IBC to make a Birch Beer so that I could at least try it. No luck. Stewarts....same story....should have one but don't. Jones or Dr Jones whatever the hell it is should probably not even attempt it.

Polar has one I THINK. I know they had one. Not to my liking but as with all things, your mileage may vary.

It is usually clear in color and that clear color makes you feel like you just got your hands on some real moonshine liquor though the taste is not similar.....but that clarity of the liquid just makes you feel like you are doing something illegal, especially if you are only 8 years old. Its moonshine clear as opposed to sparkling water clear.
    That is strange..... Must be hard to make or the ingredients (birch) is tough to find.... Sounds like it was pretty popular so I doubt it fell out from ppl not drinking it. SPLENDIDSPLINTER said the ones that are left are pretty expensive now.

Deity
    Seriously E-Rod has been so damn good for us this season, next year it's looking like he is our Ace unless Sale somehow breaks out of this weird funk he had this season.
    No..NO...NO!!! We are building around Neck-tat and Gas Grill. Though I would not climb the stairs to the second floor in a house built on those two guys......jusssssst a little shaky.

With 10 games remaining after this one E-rod still has a shot at 20 wins, if, of course, Cora gives him two more starts.