Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Yankees win the AL East Crown

Yankees win the AL East Crown

What a season! Guys going down left and right yet these Yanks showed their resilience. The division crown is back where it belongs after 7 long years, in the BRONX!
    Hal sucks

EE will be back this week. Sanchez soon after. Torres got good news on his hammy.

My bet is we use a postseason rotation of

1. Paxton
    2. Tanaka
    3. Severino
    4. Happ or pen depending

We should have everyone back on the offense except for Andujar, Tauchman and Hicks. We might have to stick Sanchez at DH in the first series or have him relegated to backup C and PH duties. Romine has been nails since Gary went down.

The OF will be
    LF- Stanton
    CF- Gardner
    RF- Judge

With Maybin as the 4th OFer/PR

The IF will be
    C-Sanchez
    C- Romine
    1B- Voit
    1B- EE
    2B- Torres
    SS- Gregorius
    2B-Lemahieu
    3B- Urshela

We might go 12 or 13 position players as 5th starters aren’t needed.

Wade is likely gonna make the team as he’s got versatility and speed. I do wonder if Gore gets carried as the 13th position player to take the needed SB

The 12-13 pitchers will start with

1. Paxton
    2. Tanaka
    3. Severino
    4. Happ
    5. Chapman
    6. Ottavino
    7. Britton
    8. Kahnle
    9. Green

The final 3-4 will consist of a combo of
    Loaisiga
    Sabathia
    Cessa
    Tarpley
    Adams
    Cortes

My bet is the top 3 make it and we carry Gore as the 25th man

With all the injuries, this is truly an amazing feat.

You got some guys back, but winning a ring will be even harder.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

We shall see. The only pitcher in this postseason that actually scares me is Verlander. Verlander 1.0 was the Yanks bitch. Verlander 2.0 Houston edition owns us. We can hit Cole. We can work Greinke. We don’t hit Verlander

Never seen anything close to what the Yankees have accomplished so far this season, this should be some kind of a record on so many guys on the IL during the season (from the 25 man roster). If somebody would have mentioned this amount of injuries, I'd had predicted something in the neighborhood of 80 wins.

For me the MVP this season is Cashman, his best job so far as a Yankee GM, what a way to build depth in the roster, he practically struck gold in most of the trades and under the radar signings.

The most underrated GM in the league, I guess the "big wallet" bashing no longer applies to him.

I agree with Moon, the real test is about to start.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    What a season! Guys going down left and right yet these Yanks showed their resilience. The division crown is back where it belongs after 7 long years, in the BRONX!
    Congrats to Yankees fans for winning the division. I guess I have to concede my back to back to back to back prediction. LOL

But spare me the "back where it belongs" BS.

Also, enjoy the division crown, as it might be the only crown you guys will be wearing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    Never seen anything close to what the Yankees have accomplished so far this season, this should be some kind of a record on so many guys on the IL during the season (from the 25 man roster). If somebody would have mentioned this amount of injuries, I'd had predicted something in the neighborhood of 80 wins.

For me the MVP this season is Cashman, his best job so far as a Yankee GM, what a way to build depth in the roster, he practically struck gold in most of the trades and under the radar signings.

The most underrated GM in the league, I guess the "big wallet" bashing no longer applies to him.

I agree with Moon, the real test is about to start.
    I have always thought Cashman was a great GM, and just needed to get out from under the grips of George and Levine.

So we’re locked into the 2 seed. We will be facing Minnesota. The Twins just lost Odorizzi. It’ll be a good series for sure, but if we bring our A game, they’re no match.

The batters didn't look very good against the Rays in this past series, I hope this is only a bump in the road and not the beginning of a longer slump, this is something we don't need 3 games away from the playoffs

Not worried right now. We are pretty much locked into the Twins. Their pitching stinks and Odorizzi might be out. We need our offense healthy and we should rake
    Hal sucks