Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/21 SOX @ Tampa

When one sees the players the SOX brought up from AAA, it's easy to see why Pawtucket finished dead last.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    When one sees the players the SOX brought up from AAA, it's easy to see why Pawtucket finished dead last.
    There is no bigger joke around baseball all teams than the laughing stock of pitchers coming up out of AAA, whether at the start of a season, middle of it or Sept call-ups. If MLB tries to sweep that under the rug, they are just putting their head in the sand and acting like a sports enterprise that is just going to ride this mess right into the grave.

Mike Shawaryn wouldn't be trusted with a spatula after this outing.

I don't know this as a fact, but I know it's true. The SOX lead MLB in highest average of pitches thrown per inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Mike Shawaryn wouldn't be trusted with a spatula after this outing.
    Metal or plastic?

Deity
    I don't know this as a fact, but I know it's true. The SOX lead MLB in highest average of pitches thrown per inning.
    Oh yea...way highest number of pitches on the season and per game. Had thrown 800 more pitches than any other MLB team by sometime in early August of this season....August....800 more pitches. No telling how much above every other team they are now....certainly more than 800 more, probably closer to a 1,000 more by now.

We need a taller 2nd baseman.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Oh yea...way highest number of pitches on the season and per game. Had thrown 800 more pitches than any other MLB team by sometime in early August of this season....August....800 more pitches. No telling how much above every other team they are now....certainly more than 800 more, probably closer to a 1,000 more by now.
    Thanks for verifying that, Jung. The thing about 'fact' and 'true' I stole from Bill Maher.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    The Red Sox indeed lead the majors in number of pitches:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/l...pitching.shtml

Last year the Red Sox ranked 25th:

All-Star
    maybe if we're serious about tjis game, we should pull Holt in to play 2nd base before Herny gets hurt,

X-man has been the best and most consistent player for the SOX this year.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    The Red Sox indeed lead the majors in number of pitches:

Last year the Red Sox ranked 25th:

Some things are so obvious just from watching every game that you just know it's a fact w/o even looking it up.

Before the season started MLB had a special series regarding the 10 best current players at each position. There were 3 lists of SS's; 2 by so-called 'experts' on MLB and 1 generated by a computer. Only on one of the 3 lists was X-man shown and on that one list he was positioned at #10.
    FU experts and FU computer.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 09-21-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Some things are so obvious just from watching every game that you just know it's a fact w/o even looking it up.
    Yeah, how many times did we comment on the 20+ pitch innings. A clear indication of the lack of command and control by the throwers. Oh, and Dana LeVangie sucks and needs to be fired in a public ceremony for not insisting on strike throwing machines

I remember when I first got cable. I would get all the SOX games and BRUINS games on 38. The good ol' days which are never coming back.
    Maga!
    other names i have posted under: none