Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/27 Orioles (Wojo) at Red Sox (Eovaldi)

I think the RS ownership statement about targeting $208 million for 2020 tells you all you need to know about a couple players. No JBJr for $10m, no Mookie for $23million ( get 2 prospects), no Porcello, no Moreland or other $6M first baseman. If you like 4-9 today be ready for more of it next year. Cora will get buried by the sewage from the 2020 Red Sox. This trend should have become very clear at the trade deadline and the false bravado by the FO that we would compete with what we had before promptly dropping the next 8 games. DD got himself fired because he knew what the future was.

But count on guys like Hector, BJohnson, Cashner to fill out your rotation.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    I think the RS ownership statement about targeting $208 million for 2020 tells you all you need to know about a couple players. No JBJr for $10m, no Mookie for $23million ( get 2 prospects), no Porcello, no Moreland or other $6M first baseman. If you like 4-9 today be ready for more of it next year. Cora will get buried by the sewage from the 2020 Red Sox. This trend should have become very clear at the trade deadline and the false bravado by the FO that we would compete with what we had before promptly dropping the next 8 games. DD got himself fired because he knew what the future was.
    Its inevitable. Betts is gone unless Martinez goes; maybe both. Its going to be a tough 2-3 years.
    Go Patriots.

Gorky in RF next year? Needs about 2 more steps of quickness and a way bigger bat to give him a chance of hitting a ball

Hector up to 25 pitches and loading the bases. He is a stud. terrible mechanics
    here comes the bases loaded walk

Besides the players the SOX can't get rid of (Sale, Price, and EO), I believe the SOX will definitely keep X-man, Devers, Beni, VAZ, Barnes, D-hern and Workman. It's a crapshoot concerning the others.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Besides the players the SOX can't get rid of (Sale, Price, and EO), I believe the SOX will definitely keep X-man, Devers, Beni, VAZ, Barnes, D-hern and Workman. It's a crapshoot concerning the others.
    That looks right . Good thing Beni F. Tendi is in that mix, but wait to see who the other 15 are when they break ST next year

Rumor has it Andrew Luck will be our fifth guy next season.

Being shut out at unfriendly Fenway through 6 by the Wojo O's . Have a nice year home crowds.

I've got no problem with the SOX trading Betts and JD, if the money saved allows them to go after a front line starter. As we all found out this year, offense with little pitching puts the SOX where they are right now.
    Btw, someone will have to replace Porcello and it might be beneficial to obtain someone better.

How ironic that Henry and Werner talk about getting the fat sausage down to $208 million, while they get to watch the Rays and A's competing to play in the ALDS or more.

Being shut out at unfriendly Fenway through 6 by the Wojo O's . Have a nice year home crowds.
    I believe WOJO shut the SOX out for 7 innings with 1 hit his last start against them. Like I said earlier, he owns us.

But count on guys like Hector, BJohnson, Cashner to fill out your rotation.
    Who cares idiots will fork out thousands to attend these gutterball pitchers .Withhold your money next year also.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Rumor has it Andrew Luck will be our fifth guy next season.
    His arm may be in better shape than our 3 Aces. We could haave fun with which Luck will show up tonight, the Good Luck or the Bad Luck ?

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    I believe WOJO shut the SOX out for 7 innings with 1 hit his last start against them. Like I said earlier, he owns us.
    Could we trade Betts for Wojo ? If we did, you could be sure Wojo would lose 20 and hurt himself.