Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 120 of 120

Thread: ALDS: Minnesota Twins vs New York Yankees

  1. #106
    So twice Boone has gone to Ottavino just for Cruz and twice he has walked him. Green in with 2 on, Yanks up 2. Cmon kid
    The rebuild is complete.

  2. #107
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    63,052
    Twins are a pathetic mess against the Yankees.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    It's the bullpen, stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  3. #108
    Yankees close them out becoming the first team to sweep a 100 win team out of the playoffs. Total domination. Yanks shut down a great offense. We scored a lot of runs off their staff. We played better defense. Every single phase of the game we were better. I anticipate it’s off to Houston unless TB can pull off a miracle. Next man up

  4. #109
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,457
    Keys to ALCS are Sanchez hitting and Sevy pitching well. Now we wait to see if the Rays can somehow pull off an upset.

  5. #110
    Legend TylerD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,632
    Fell asleep during the game, glad I did. Minnesota you were a waste of a playoff spot. Called that from the start.

  6. #111
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    29,340
    Can we trade the Yanks to the AL Central for Minny?
    Sox 4 Ever

  7. #112
    All-Star Carpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    902
    One down, two more to go

  8. #113
    All-Star Carpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    902
    By the way, the game yesterday was closer than it looks, the Twinkies just didn't have the spirit to pull it off, a lot of close plays (specially in the fielding) went the Yanks way and they got discouraged, at the end they just rolled over

  9. #114
    Legend TylerD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,632
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Can we trade the Yanks to the AL Central for Minny?
    I approve of this message.

  10. #115
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    63,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    One down, two more to go
    Your countdown may start going in the opposite direction soon.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    It's the bullpen, stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  11. #116
    Legend TylerD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    By the way, the game yesterday was closer than it looks, the Twinkies just didn't have the spirit to pull it off, a lot of close plays (specially in the fielding) went the Yanks way and they got discouraged, at the end they just rolled over
    Twins finished the season 2-8 against the Yanks. They are the Yanks bitches. Close or not they never had a chance in hell at winning a game let alone this series.

  12. #117
    Well, Britton sprained an ankle and Chap bruised his throwing hand. A few days rest won't hurt. It was utter dominance. Once the Yanks took the lead in game 1, the air came out of them and they couldn't recover. It could have been a best of 9 and we'd have taken 5 straight
    The rebuild is complete.

  13. #118
    The Twins have now lost 16 postseason games in a row, which is a record. 13 of those losses came against the Yankees; 3 losses came against the A's. I don't know how it is even possible to lose 16 postseason games in a row. You would think that within that span of time, one starting pitcher would have great stuff and carry you to at least one victory. How does that not happen in a span of 16 games?

    The other amazing thing is that the losing streak spans different managers and different players--the losing streak goes back to 2004.

  14. #119
    Interesting. The last Twins pitcher to win a postseason game was J.Santana in 2004 against the Yankees. The Twins won that game 2-0; M.Mussina took the loss. The Yankees won the next three games--the first 3 losses of the Twins postseason losing streak record.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 10-11-2019 at 11:47 AM.

  15. #120
    Legend TylerD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Interesting. The last Twins pitcher to win a postseason game was J.Santana in 2004 against the Yankees. The Twins won that game 2-0; M.Mussina took the loss. The Yankees won the next three games--the first 3 losses of the Twins postseason losing streak record.
    So Minnesota blows in the postseason is what you're saying lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •