Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ALDS: Minnesota Twins vs New York Yankees

ALDS: Minnesota Twins vs New York Yankees

Houston clinched the top spot last night. So this is the matchup. The Twins got some good news on the injury front as projected game 2 starter, Jake Odorizzi, only had a hamstring cramp and was not seriously injured. The Yanks got some good and bad news on the injury front this past week. Urshela and Sanchez returned to the lineup, but Encarnacion isn’t recovered yet and may miss the first round of the playoffs. The projected rotation is as follows

Game 1- Berrios at Paxton
    Game 2- Odorizzi at Tanaka
    Game 3- Severino at Gibson
    Game 4- Happ (pen) at Perez

Should be a good one, but if history is at all useful, facing the Twins isn’t a bad thing for us come playoffs
    Hal sucks

Feels weird not having to sweat over a play-in game

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Houston clinched the top spot last night. So this is the matchup. The Twins got some good news on the injury front as projected game 2 starter, Jake Odorizzi, only had a hamstring cramp and was not seriously injured. The Yanks got some good and bad news on the injury front this past week. Urshela and Sanchez returned to the lineup, but Encarnacion isn’t recovered yet and may miss the first round of the playoffs. The projected rotation is as follows

Game 1- Berrios at Paxton
    Game 2- Odorizzi at Tanaka
    Game 3- Severino at Gibson
    Game 4- Happ (pen) at Perez

Should be a good one, but if history is at all useful, facing the Twins isn’t a bad thing for us come playoffs

Be careful what you wish for.

The Twinkies are no longer the joke they used to be, now they are a real contender, some of their previous playoff appearances were more like a result of the poor division the were playing at.

I still believe the Yankees will beat them, but it won't be easy; one thing is for sure, there will be a lot of HRs

Nelson Cruz is probably the guy I'd actively avoid pitching to. He has shown he can mash in the postseason. The rest of their lineup is plenty deep but they have almost no postseason experience, so hopefully that works in our favor.

My prediction: Yankees win in 5 games, Didi is the series MVP.

this will be a 3 game sweep. the yankees basically have a bye to the ALCS. the yanks vs astros ALCS will be the WS. whoever comes out of the NL will not have a chance vs either of these 2.
    lets go Stros.
    other names i have posted under: none

I won’t make predictions on Yankee postseason series as with their luck, we’ll be running a lineup of Thairo Estrada’s out there by game 5.

Rumor has it that Voit may be left off the roster. He’s been awful since he got back. My bet is the sports hernia is hampering him more than he’s letting on

They really need to fire the whole training staff, this more than just "bad luck"

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    They really need to fire the whole training staff, this more than just "bad luck"
    We will call it luck while the season is ongoing. Once the season ends, a reckoning

Deity
    Twins in 3...

On a positive note, Encarnacion was taking full swings yesterday and today in simulated games and should be good to go for the ALDS. Urshela as well.

They don't have to finalize rosters until tonight I believe. Rumor has it that Voit is gonna be left off. He has been atrocious since coming off the IL and likely is gutting it out until he has surgery on that sports hernia. EE is expected to be off the IL for the game.

Paxton is going game 1, I would assume vs Berrios.

Game 2 will probably be Tanaka vs Odorizzi.

Game 3 will most likely feature Severino, his opponent wouldn't be clear. Gibson and Perez sucked ass down the stretch. Their best pitcher by peripherals is suspended (Pineda).

Game 4 if necessary will be a tale of two shitbums or a yankee pen game vs either Gibson or Perez

Our lineup has finally come back together. I would assume we will look like this

1. Lemahieu 1B
    2. Judge RF
    3. Stanton LF
    4. Sanchez C
    5. Gregorius SS
    6. Torres 2B
    7. Encarnacion DH
    8. Gardner CF
    9. Urshela 3B
    Hal sucks

"Yankees fantastic season ends in shocking disappointment as Twins pick up sweep and outscore the Yanks 24-6.

I can see the headlines now.

As much as I would like to see that, Yanks probably won't have any problems winning this series.

Twins off to s good start.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Twins off to s good start.
    They will find a way to blow this. Need more runs and berrios needs to be efficient.