Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread Sep 28/19 Oreo Cookies (Means) @ Red Sox (Chacin)

So glad Theo said he is not coming back. He just got done trading Gleyber Torres, Eloy Jimenez and Jorge Soler. 113 home runs combined this year. He also signed Carl Crawford, traded Anthony Rizzo, signed Heyward, Darvish, Edwin Jackson, Mike Cameron to bad contracts. Yes he did a lot of good things but he is not the genius everyone makes him out to be. He makes plenty of mistakes just like the average GM. Sox don't need to beg him to come back.

Legend
    Please get this season over with, so we in New England can start watching some teams, that play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    Gorky's and Owings hitting .240............TOGETHER.
    Shows just how weak our extended depth was.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    So glad Theo said he is not coming back. He just got done trading Gleyber Torres, Eloy Jimenez and Jorge Soler. 113 home runs combined this year. He also signed Carl Crawford, traded Anthony Rizzo, signed Heyward, Darvish, Edwin Jackson, Mike Cameron to bad contracts. Yes he did a lot of good things but he is not the genius everyone makes him out to be. He makes plenty of mistakes just like the average GM. Sox don't need to beg him to come back.
    I agree. One other thing Theo had when he was GM here that most GM's didn't have-a scapegoat named Larry Lucchino. It seemed like all the great moves were credited to Theo and all the bad ones were blamed on Larry.

Good god 8-3. Glad I’m not watching.

Legend
    Only good thing about games is Remy and Eck. 3:30 Alabama on thank god.

From what I've seen so far Gorkys has more trade value than Owings.

This team quit after the trading deadline. They should be ashamed of the effort they have given for the fans for the last 7 weeks. And it is not just the pitching. In that time their offense dropped from 1st in runs to 4th. The Yankees scored around 100 more runs than the Red Sox in that period.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    I agree. One other thing Theo had when he was GM here that most GM's didn't have-a scapegoat named Larry Lucchino. It seemed like all the great moves were credited to Theo and all the bad ones were blamed on Larry.
    Don't be so glad until we actually see who we end up with. Thinking we can't do worse than Theo is probably flawed.

My brother, a Cubs and Red Sox fan just told me the Chicago talk radio was discussing a possible trade: Kris Bryant, Jose Quintana and Albert Almora Jr. for Mookie, Price and JBJ. Would you do it? I think I would. I hate Price and his high salary, JBJ can't hit and Betts is gone after next year. Bryant is not a FA until after 2021 and Almora is a good fielding CF making a lot less than JBJ. Quintana has a reasonable contract and doesn't get hurt like Price.

Neither one could give away an autograph.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

because he got the better name of the two?

Deity
    This game is an embarrassment.

Legend
    This team quit after the trading deadline. They should be ashamed of the effort they have given for the fans for the last 7 weeks. And it is not just the pitching. In that time their offense dropped from 1st in runs to 4th. The Yankees scored around 100 more runs than the Red Sox in that period.
    Screw the Yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Don't be so glad until we actually see who we end up with. Thinking we can't do worse than Theo is probably flawed.
    Nope, I never thought we couldn't do worse than Theo. Some very qualified choices, based on SOX recent history of GM's, may not even want the job.