Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FIRE DANA LEVANGIE or say he's retiring NOW !!!!!

FIRE DANA LEVANGIE or say he's retiring NOW !!!!!

Guy has been a disaster .

Mostly it's the people he coaches who failed to perform well, with a few notable exceptions like Erod and Workman .
    Also Brian Bannister needs to be questioned as to the lack of development in the minor league system. None of the guys brought up this year showed pitching maturity, , command, control and big upside. Some like D Herndez's LH fastball and as soon as it can be located somewhere in the strike zone he could be good.

The best that can be said for the young pitchers in 2019 is that they got exposure and experience at the MLB level, so they know better how to approach 2020 ST.

You gut the WHOLE development team. DD took the blame, but outside of their top pick every year, he has limited input in the farm. The guys around him failed miserably. They didn't identify nor develop the right talent.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    You gut the WHOLE development team. DD took the blame, but outside of their top pick every year, he has limited input in the farm. The guys around him failed miserably. They didn't identify nor develop the right talent.
    The pitching was actually not that bad in 2018...
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    The notion that it has to fall on the pitching coach is a little insane. Even the best coach can't turn Matt Young into Cy Young.

The Sox had health issues and depth issues. And while a lot of pitchers sucked, it is very possible that they were just not talented pitchers. Maybe this was the best, say, Travis Lakins can pitch...

So they fire the assistant hitting Coach ? Holy shit this organization is gutless .Hittings the problem ?? What a freaking clown show .

They aren’t going to get rid of him until they have an idea of who may be available as a replacement. Assistant coaches are a dime a dozen.

Also, you are dealing with interim GM types here. The big positions will be decided by whoever gets the permanent job.

The season’s been over for 3 days. Relax. If nothing’s been done by January, then start complaining.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The pitching was actually not that bad in 2018...
    this dude is going to be unbearable until the MFY get knocked out of the postseason.
    As for Dana...he just looks like a schmuck. sometimes you just need to can someone to can someone. i would fire him today. surely the 4 people in "charge" can make a simple decision like that? Cora has no case to bitch about it after the 20+ game dropoff from last season.
    time to make some statements outside of firing DD.....
    other names i have posted under: none

Sounds like some want a complete rebuild of this team.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    this dude is going to be unbearable until the MFY get knocked out of the postseason.
    As for Dana...he just looks like a schmuck. sometimes you just need to can someone to can someone. i would fire him today. surely the 4 people in "charge" can make a simple decision like that? Cora has no case to bitch about it after the 20+ game dropoff from last season.
    time to make some statements outside of firing DD.....
    There is a hierarchy in play here.

DD was fired. They will bring in or promote a new GM. That GM will make a decision about Cora.

If Cora is fired, then the new GM will bring in a new manager.

That manager will make a decision about Levangie. As well as all the other coaches.

Firing Levangie now is no different than firing him in January. There is no reason to rush for the same of rushing...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post

DD was fired. They will bring in or promote a new GM. That GM will make a decision about Cora.
    I strongly doubt that Cora will be fired no matter who the new head honcho is.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post

If Cora is fired, then the new GM will bring in a new manager.

That manager will make a decision about Levangie. As well as all the other coaches.

Firing Levangie now is no different than firing him in January. There is no reason to rush for the same of rushing...
    No one would like to see LaVangie gone more than I. However, LaVangie is a Red Sox lifer. Only 50, he has been with the Red Sox for over 29 years. He may not be as popular with the fans as was Johnny Pesky but with the players and organizational staff he reportedly is. LaVangie has the reputation of someone who has been willing to take the unglamorous crap jobs for the good of the organization over the years. I guess the pitching coachs job was his reward for being a "good soldier" I suspect if Boston does move him out of the pitching coach's job (which is likely in my view) they will find him some other role in the organization just as they did Johnny Pesky who managed the team in 63-64.

Deity
    Very possible.

Of course, a "near miss" has become a reason for firing a manager in MLB. Like Girardi and Dusty Baker...

Agreed.

You just don't fire the best manager a team has ever had willy nilly.

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Agreed.

You just don't fire the best manager a team has ever had willy nilly.

Tell that to Terry Francona...