Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FIRE DANA LEVANGIE or say he's retiring NOW !!!!!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    No one would like to see LaVangie gone more than I. However, LaVangie is a Red Sox lifer. Only 50, he has been with the Red Sox for over 29 years. He may not be as popular with the fans as was Johnny Pesky but with the players and organizational staff he reportedly is. LaVangie has the reputation of someone who has been willing to take the unglamorous crap jobs for the good of the organization over the years. I guess the pitching coachs job was his reward for being a "good soldier" I suspect if Boston does move him out of the pitching coach's job (which is likely in my view) they will find him some other role in the organization just as they did Johnny Pesky who managed the team in 63-64.
    I'm fine with that. I think far too much blame fell on Levangie anyway. If he winds up managing the Worcester Red Sox or something, that's ok with me...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Tell that to Terry Francona...
    Terry was here 8 years though. That's an eternity in Red Sox manager years.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I can’t believe anyone who watched the shit show of starting pitching can defend that bullpen catchers future with this team .What happened this year ? Was it really the Hitting ? Hellllllll no !! How many times did this clown go out to the mound and on the verrrrrrry next pitch was a rocket double ?? Dana is a fraud he needed to go mid season .Noooiioo way in Hell is this on Dave alone .Wake up open your eyes to the shittiest pitching coach in all of MLB .

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    I can’t believe anyone who watched the shit show of starting pitching can defend that bullpen catchers future with this team .What happened this year ? Was it really the Hitting ? Hellllllll no !! How many times did this clown go out to the mound and on the verrrrrrry next pitch was a rocket double ?? Dana is a fraud he needed to go mid season .Noooiioo way in Hell is this on Dave alone .Wake up open your eyes to the shittiest pitching coach in all of MLB .
    Like I said no one wants LaVangie gone more than I but one has to give some deference to LaVangie's years of service to the club. You don't remember Johnny Pesky's time managing the Red Sox. But Pesky wasn't a very good manager but a great baseball person. I suspect that LaVangie may be misplaced as pitching coach but that's no reason to say that he won't make a valuable addition or contribution elsewhere in the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I strongly doubt that Cora will be fired no matter who the new head honcho is.
    Cora will not be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Cora will not be fired.
    I think the Sox FO has made it clear that Cora's job is safe at least for one more year. However, given Henry's recent moves I think it is safe to say that how long Cora stays as manager will very much depend on performance. If Boston makes a serious move to dump salary I can not imagine that even Henry would hold him to unrealistic performance goals next year.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Terry was here 8 years though. That's an eternity in Red Sox manager years.
    And the Unquestioned Best Ever...

All people are saying is there’s no real hurry. The season ended 4 days ago, and it’s pretty much an unwritten rule that teams don’t make these types of announcements during post season play. If nothing is done after the World Series or the situation drags into January, then start complaining.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Phillies fired there pitching ...didn’t wait your proposed “after the World Series BS “ .Levangie must be fired to move on from this season and put a legitimate foot forward .

Phillies fired there pitching ...didn’t wait your proposed “after the World Series BS “ .Levangie must be fired to move on from this season and put a legitimate foot forward .
    We haven't got a new GM yet though.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    The Sox aren’t going to just fire people randomly until a new GM is in place. And firing and replacing Levangie isn’t even a guaranteed step forward...

Much hiring and firing happens before the WS even begins, let alone by the time it ends.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Much hiring and firing happens before the WS even begins, let alone by the time it ends.
    I think it will be a question of priorities. Firing an ass't hitting coach isn't as significant as firing the pitching coach. While I think LaVangie will be reassigned within the organization. I am sure that whoever is in charge now or later has some idea of who they would want to replace him if not the individual per se at least the type of philosophy and qualifications that individual should possess. I hope the process of finding and hiring a new pitching coach will not be done in haste. I always thought hiring LaVangie was a hasty move done more to reward a long time loyal employee than for any particular pitching philosophy he may have had.
    Last edited by Elktonnick; 10-04-2019 at 06:36 PM.

My apologies for this over the top thread .I like Dana just think it’s time .Call it retirement to save face but I think he needs to go .Im done posting on Dana until it’s announced .

Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    I think it will be a question of priorities. Firing an ass't hitting coach isn't as significant as firing the pitching coach. While I think LaVangie will be reassigned within the organization. I am sure that whoever is in charge now or later has some idea of who they would want to replace him if not the individual per se at least the type of philosophy and qualifications that individual should possess. I hope the process of finding and hiring a new pitching coach will not be done in haste. I always thought hiring LaVangie was a hasty move done more to reward a long time loyal employee than for any particular pitching philosophy he may have had.
    Bring Farrell back- as the pitching coach.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?