Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Erod would restock the farm Cash out while his Value is at its Peak

Erod would restock the farm Cash out while his Value is at its Peak

Don't wait cash out and restock .Erod has the most Value on this team besides Mookie make the Trade

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Don't wait cash out and restock .Erod has the most Value on this team besides Mookie make the Trade
    If Eduardo Rodriguez were traded, what would the Red Sox starting rotation look like in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    If Eduardo Rodriguez were traded, what would the Red Sox starting rotation look like in 2020?
    I think this idea would be to pack it in for 2020.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Sale, Price, Eovaldi, and Johnson/Lakins/Weber/whoever. I see nothing that could go wrong. Do you?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

The object of a major league baseball team is 1. Put fannies in your seats. 2 You do that by putting a competitive baseball team on the field. The object is not to have the best farm team and put fannies in seats in Pawtucket (Worcester) and a host of other minor league towns.

i would have to see what the return would be before signing off on this but i am definitely sitting at this table listening to offers and not opposed to dealing him (or anyone on the club for that matter). we need to restock & reset ASAP.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    i would have to see what the return would be before signing off on this but i am definitely sitting at this table listening to offers and not opposed to dealing him (or anyone on the club for that matter). we need to restock & reset ASAP.
    I'd hate to trade ERod. We have won almost 80% of his starts over the last 2 years, but I'll listen to any trade offer for anyone.
    Sox 4 Ever

Check out E-R0D's salary at 2million plus he is a huge bargain. He isn't arbitration until 2020. No way should the Sox consider moving him.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    Check out E-R0D's salary at 2million plus he is a huge bargain. He isn't arbitration until 2020. No way should the Sox consider moving him.
    Boston lefthander Eduardo Rodriguez earned $4.3 million this season in his second year of arbitration and remains under team control for two more arbitration seasons:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...odried05.shtml
    Last edited by harmony; 09-30-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Deity
    No. Rafael Devers has the most value in a trade.

Baseballtradevalues ranks Rodriguez fifth in trade value among Sox players, behind Devers, Bogaerts, Betts and Benintendi and just ahead of Barnes and JD Martinez. It is worth pointing out that the value for ERod is a mid-season value they have not yet updated. The values for Martinez and Devers also need updating.

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/teams/604/

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'd hate to trade ERod. We have won almost 80% of his starts over the last 2 years, but I'll listen to any trade offer for anyone.
    IMO the Sox should trade JD (if he stays), Barnes and Dalbec.

Trading ERod just creates another void in the rotation...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    If the Sox want to make a huge splash in the trade market, they could trade Devers (which they won't).

If the Sox traded Devers to the Braves, he would be worth a package of Christian Pache, Ian Anderson and Bryse Wilson or a package of Drew Waters, Austin Riley and Kyle Wright. That is some serious value...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    No. Rafael Devers has the most value in a trade.

Baseballtradevalues ranks Rodriguez fifth in trade value among Sox players, behind Devers, Bogaerts, Betts and Benintendi and just ahead of Barnes and JD Martinez. It is worth pointing out that the value for ERod is a mid-season value they have not yet updated. The values for Martinez and Devers also need updating.

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/teams/604/
    OK, using the midseason numbers makes me want to package Barnes and Benintendi. On a serious note, does anyone see notable upside in Beni, despite youth and cost control factors, is it easy to picture him at 20 HR's 85 rbi's and .850 OPS ?

I agree, but with just 2 years of team control, I'd listen to offers.
    Sox 4 Ever

I think Barnes will bounce back next year and increase his value. I'd wait on dealing him until July 2020.
    Sox 4 Ever