Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Go rays

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Over the past two seasons the "surprising" Oakland Athletics have won more regular-season games than the Red Sox despite Boston's 108 wins in 2018. Over that period the Tampa Bay Rays have won six fewer regular-season games than the Sox.

But the World Series flag flies in Boston.
    Point?

Deity
    THe Rays are nice, but GO TWINS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Over the past two seasons the "surprising" Oakland Athletics have won more regular-season games than the Red Sox despite Boston's 108 wins in 2018. Over that period the Tampa Bay Rays have won six fewer regular-season games than the Sox.

But the World Series flag flies in Boston.
    Oakland is a fantastic story as a regular season team, with their payroll and they constantly compete and fight for the playoffs. Trouble is, that is usually where the fun ends for them. They have had a lot of playoff failures and one and done seasons. I figured Tampa would win last night, but was hoping the A's would pull it out. Oakland would have given Houston a damn good series in my opinion. But who knows, maybe Tampa will too, granted I think I will cheer for Houston as I think they have the best shot to knock off the Yankees than Tampa.

That's if Minnesota doesn't do it first.

Deity
    I sort of rooted for the A's because of Moneyball, but am more than fine with the Rays win. Well deserved. I usually tune out if the Sox aren't in the postseason, but not this year. I live in N.Virginia so was happy with the Nationals winning. Yes, the winning run was a fluke, but tying the game off that clean single to RF was not a fluke. With two outs, the runner on 2b went with the crack of the bat and was not going to be thrown out at home. without the error, there would have been runners on 1st and 3d with 2 outs and the Nats would still have had an opportunity to get the go ahead run in the 8th. Also, the Brewers rightfielder was a 22 year old August 1 call up.

The Nationals are in the NLDS, but start tonight in Chavez Ravine against a pretty good Dodgers team. Houston won 107 games this year and now play the Rays. The Dodgers won 106.

I preferred the old 4 teams format with no play-in game, but this year I think the "new" 5 team playoff format has been fair--and interesting. And I will root for both the Nats and the Rays.

I am also rooting for the Rays in the ALDS. Go Rays!

As much as I love baseball, I rarely watch any games that don't involve the Sox.

I watched about 4 innings of the Rays game last night. I hope they win, but I'll probably catch the highlights.
    Sox 4 Ever

I agree, let's go Rays.
    Hal sucks

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I agree, let's go Rays.
    I'm sure that you're the greatest Rays fans on this board... but only for a week, right.

Triple A
    Let's not kid ourselves the Yankees have a damn good team nobody lost more man games than they did and they still managed one of the best record in baseball. Some of the players lost were their key guys but their depth proved to be excellent given the circumstances. Boone deserve some credit also juggling his roster will all the injuries wouldn't be easy for any manager. I feel bad for some of the guys that will be probably left off the playoff roster because they're the ones who carried the team through all the injuries. I like watching October baseball no matter who's in it as long they're good competitive games I'm fine with that and let the best team win.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry33 View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves the Yankees have a damn good team nobody lost more man games than they did and they still managed one of the best record in baseball. Some of the players lost were their key guys but their depth proved to be excellent given the circumstances. Boone deserve some credit also juggling his roster will all the injuries wouldn't be easy for any manager. I feel bad for some of the guys that will be probably left off the playoff roster because they're the ones who carried the team through all the injuries. I like watching October baseball no matter who's in it as long they're good competitive games I'm fine with that and let the best team win.
    boone can juggle my balls
    other names i have posted under: none

Legend
    I'm getting to like Kevin Cash more and more as a Manager. He really thinks out a game.

I am rooting for the Dodgers and the Astros. My favorite player of all time is George Springer, for reasons I have reiterated on here many times. I am rooting for the Dodgers to win it all since AJ Pollock went to my HS and my coach (also his coach) would probably convince him to bring the trophy here.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxmal View Post
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
    Nope.

I will only pull for the Rays if they are playing the Yankees.

Otherwise, it's anyone but the Rays.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    1 billion percent.
    if it happens, the MFY vs Astros series will probably be epic. but i wouldnt mind one bit watching a "boring" devil rays v twinkies ALCS....
    Astros vs. Twinkies works for me.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Nope.

I will only pull for the Rays if they are playing the Yankees.

Otherwise, it's anyone but the Rays.
    I hope the Rays don’t win. I don’t want the Opener Strategy to catch on...