Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Go rays

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post
    And they're very good at doing that.
    Well i hope they can beat the Yankees. I worry about that offense. Meaning the stros offense.
    Last edited by d-money; 10-05-2019 at 09:58 PM.

All good to have the pitching like Tampa and hold Houston to 1. But when you don’t have offense you aren’t winning shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    All good to have the pitching like Tampa and hold Houston to 1. But when you don’t have offense you aren’t winning shit.
    Cole was awesome last night. That was a fun game to watch, a good pitcher's duel with some good defense.

The Twins/Yankees game, not so much. The Twins are pathetic when it comes the playoffs.

All-Star
    Dig these Rays. Up 4-0 in the 6th and pitching relievers vs Verlander. I'm rooting for them, but the next game is going to be tough because Yanks are the bottom line, and they need to play Houston. (Also, Astros have home field advantage vs Yanks) Otherwise, I'm with the Rays in all Ways, but not always.

Deity
    The stros are gonna choke this. Since 2003 only 3 times has a team forced a game 5 after losing the first two games on the road. 2003 ALDS Sox vs Oakland we remember that. 2017 Yankees vs indians. Both road teams went on to win. Sox and Yankees.

Can you imagine if Washington knocks los angeles and Tampa bay knocks out the stros? Just give the title to the Yankees if that happens.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post
    Dig these Rays. Up 4-0 in the 6th and pitching relievers vs Verlander. I'm rooting for them, but the next game is going to be tough because Yanks are the bottom line, and they need to play Houston. (Also, Astros have home field advantage vs Yanks) Otherwise, I'm with the Rays in all Ways, but not always.

They would get spank by the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    They would get spank by the Yankees.
    The Rays team and Fans are rollin they look possessed and maybe destined .

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    The Rays team and Fans are rollin they look possessed and maybe destined .
    Idk man. Yankees would have home field advantage in that bandbox. They have been hitting compared to the stros.

Deity
    Just not enough good pitching left in MLB and anybody that has any and uses it properly makes headway in the post season:
    - The twins had none, OBVIOUSLY
    - NL teams have more of it than AL teams (does not bode well for whomever the AL sends to the WS)
    - Grienke spit the bit, predictably. Astros forced to accommodate that hot mess, pitch Verlander on short rest, results again predictable. But the Astros do have a backup plan
    - Rays in game 4 pitch the best pieced together game of the year BY ANY TEAM

That is all.

Rays are fine. Their home announcers are horrendous though so it makes it impossible to watch them on tv, especially considering how horrible their stadium looks on tv too.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Can you imagine if Washington knocks los angeles and Tampa bay knocks out the stros? Just give the title to the Yankees if that happens.
    so the Dodgers and Astros can be the Yankees, but teams that can beat the Dodgers and Astros cannot?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    so the Dodgers and Astros can be the Yankees, but teams that can beat the Dodgers and Astros cannot?
    I sort of understand d-money's anxiety. After the Astros won the first 2 games I was hoping they were on a roll that would carry them past the Yanks.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I sort of understand d-money's anxiety. After the Astros won the first 2 games I was hoping they were on a roll that would carry them past the Yanks.
    If TB does come back and win this, you do have to like their roll...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    If TB does come back and win this, you do have to like their roll...
    True.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I am rooting hard for TB tomorrow. Not because they're a garbage opponent, but because Houston is death in their ballpark. We haven't won there since 2018 and in 2017, we didn't win a single game in Houston in a series that went 7. Yankee Stadium rocks for the playoffs and it will be really hard for a team to beat us in our ballpark.
    Hal sucks