Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Go rays

Hybrid View

All-Star

Go rays

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

All-Star
    These play-in games are a little sad. Last night's game obviously featured two excellent teams, and one had to exit... boo. And Milwaukee did in a very unlucky way which made the one-game series seem even dumber.

Tonight's game also pits two surprising teams against each other. Oakland has Mennaia (sp.) going the guy who no-hit us last season. I like both teams for their spunk and low-budget successes, but one will have to go down tonight. And the winner will have to play Houston... tough.

Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post
    These play-in games are a little sad. Last night's game obviously featured two excellent teams, and one had to exit... boo. And Milwaukee did in a very unlucky way which made the one-game series seem even dumber.

Tonight's game also pits two surprising teams against each other. Oakland has Mennaia (sp.) going the guy who no-hit us last season. I like both teams for their spunk and low-budget successes, but one will have to go down tonight. And the winner will have to play Houston... tough.
    I hate the play-in game but going to 8 teams in each league making the playoffs would be worse.

Another alternative could be having 3 wild card teams with the worst division record team having a play-in, or have two 3 game series with 2 teams getting a 5-6 day buy. Yuck.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post

Over the past two seasons the "surprising" Oakland Athletics have won more regular-season games than the Red Sox despite Boston's 108 wins in 2018. Over that period the Tampa Bay Rays have won six fewer regular-season games than the Sox.

But the World Series flag flies in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Over the past two seasons the "surprising" Oakland Athletics have won more regular-season games than the Red Sox despite Boston's 108 wins in 2018. Over that period the Tampa Bay Rays have won six fewer regular-season games than the Sox.

That is a bit surprising.

Wins last 2 years:
    210 HOU
    203 NYY
    198 LAD
    194 OAK
    192 BOS
    187 ATL
    186 TBR
    185 MIL
    184 CLE
    (Nobody else above 179.)

Last 3 years:
    311 HOU
    302 LAD
    294 NYY
    286 CLE
    285 BOS
    272 WAS
    271 Cubs
    271 MIL
    269 OAK
    266 TBR

Last 4 years:
    395 HOU
    393 LAD
    380 CLE
    378 BOS
    378 BOS
    374 Cubs
    367 WAS

Since 2003:
    1601 NYY
    1532 BOS
    1527 STL
    1517 LAD
    1466 LAA
    1451 ATL
    1433 OAK
    1416 CLE
    1406 PHI
    1404 Cubs
    1403 TEX
    16th TBR at 1368

All-Star

Amazing stats. These two teams deserve lots of praise.

Deity

Point?

Oakland is a fantastic story as a regular season team, with their payroll and they constantly compete and fight for the playoffs. Trouble is, that is usually where the fun ends for them. They have had a lot of playoff failures and one and done seasons. I figured Tampa would win last night, but was hoping the A's would pull it out. Oakland would have given Houston a damn good series in my opinion. But who knows, maybe Tampa will too, granted I think I will cheer for Houston as I think they have the best shot to knock off the Yankees than Tampa.

That's if Minnesota doesn't do it first.

4-0 Rays

Was cheering for the A’s but im ok with tampa doing well.

4-1. Oakland got one.

Because of their minuscule budget, relatively speaking, each year the Rays make the PO's their manager should win manager of the year and their GM should win GM of the year. 60 million dollar payroll; that's unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Because of their minuscule budget, relatively speaking, each year the Rays make the PO's their manager should win manager of the year and their GM should win GM of the year. 60 million dollar payroll; that's unbelievable.
    That's how I felt when we hired Dan Duquette.

Anyone but Yankees.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Anyone but Yankees.
    They have a clean slate at least till Friday night. That little series should be very closely contested, but Yanks have home field advantage. So, you gotta pick em. Till they arrive in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Anyone but Yankees.
    1 billion percent.
    if it happens, the MFY vs Astros series will probably be epic. but i wouldnt mind one bit watching a "boring" devil rays v twinkies ALCS....
    other names i have posted under: none