Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 ALCS: Houston Astros vs New York Yankees

Man this is going to be an epic clash of two titans. I was wondering if an ALCS or NLCS or World Series ever had two teams face off with as many as 210 wins?

The other interesting thing about the ALCS, it is pretty much the World Series. That is, both teams are better than the two remaining NL teams and thus the winner of the ALCS should win the World Series pretty easily.

With that said, maybe I shouldn't count out the Nationals--I suppose Max Sherzer and Strasburg could pull a Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling (from 2001). I said during the regular season that the Nationals were the dark horse to win a championship this year.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 10-11-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Tanaka-Paxton-Sevy is the lineup. I liked the idea of a 2-6 Tanaka better just due to the extra rest. But he’s going with his best postseason pitcher first. Tanaka is on the level of Koufax in the postseason (not lying, they put a graphic up and he’s that good) so going game 1 makes sense. But he’s far better on longer rest and he isn’t gonna go game 4 on short rest, so the point seems moot. Maybe he really wanted a home game out of him. Either way, we are gonna go out there and try to match zeros. Huge game tonight. Can’t wait

Game day. I’m excited. I’ll celebrate with the drinking of some coffee.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Game day. I’m excited. I’ll celebrate with the drinking of some coffee.
    Greinke needs to pitch a good game tonight. He was awful last time around.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Greinke needs to pitch a good game tonight. He was awful last time around.
    Agreed man. If he doesn’t have a good game this will be over fast.

Going to my dads for supper. Going to miss the first half of the game ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    I'm guessing the Astros turn to J.Urquidy in game 4, not the best option, but better than Miley. Miley isn't going to be used in any meaningful situation. He only comes in in blow out games when the Astros need to burn some innings.
    Miley left off the Astros ALCS roster.

Miley left off the Astros ALCS roster.
    Might be a pen game
    Hal sucks

Greinke getting lucky. Judge almost takes him deep. Single by Stanton, rocket DP by Gardner. We gotta get them to fall in
    Hal sucks

hw many more missiles can we hit right at guys. Jesus Christ
    Hal sucks

Just getting home. Can finally put this game on.

Just getting home. Can finally put this game on.
    Tanaka is dealing. Greinke has been bailed out by the at 'em ball and one great play from Bregman. Gleyber with an RBI double.
    Hal sucks

Man this is going to be an epic clash of two titans. I was wondering if an ALCS or NLCS or World Series ever had two teams face off with as many as 210 wins?

The other interesting thing about the ALCS, it is pretty much the World Series. That is, both teams are better than the two remaining NL teams and thus the winner of the ALCS should win the World Series pretty easily.

With that said, maybe I shouldn't count out the Nationals--I suppose Max Sherzer and Strasburg could pull a Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling (from 2001). I said during the regular season that the Nationals were the dark horse to win a championship this year.
    I wouldn't count the Nats out. They have been quite good down the stretch and they have great starting pitching. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up winning it all

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Tanaka is dealing. Greinke has been bailed out by the at 'em ball and one great play from Bregman. Gleyber with an RBI double.
    Thanks for the update. Tanaka looks confident out there. They needed a big game from him and they are getting it.

Thanks for the update. Tanaka looks confident out there. They needed a big game from him and they are getting it.
    We need one more inning before he goes batter to batter.
    Hal sucks