2019 ALCS: Houston Astros vs New York Yankees

Astros taking care of business. It’s gonna line up like this most likely

Game 1. Paxton at Greinke
    Game 2. Tanaka at Verlander
    Game 3. Cole at Severino

Who knows from there. Go Yanks
    Hal sucks

Houston 6-1!

Should be a fantastic series! Can’t wait.

Looks way better than Nats-Cards.
    Sox 4 Ever

Gotta beat the best to be the best. Should be very stressful, can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Gotta beat the best to be the best. Should be very stressful, can't wait!
    Amen! Should be a good one.

Pats and giants was close too. Then I looked. Now it isn’t lmao.

The Giants are in the tank phase. Danny Dimes will be a good QB, IMO. He’s accurate and has a good arm. He’s just suffering from what all rookies suffer from and that’s bade decisions. His reads are where he’s in trouble and that’ll get better with time. They badly need more help at LB, corner and on the O line. They’ll spend this offseason upgrading those areas and DJ should be better for 2020-2021. Giants could be a surprise PO team next year

Agreed. Giants will be fine. Patriots are a monster.

So the Rays may have done us a favor, or not.

With the Rays extending this thing out, it eliminated the possibility of seeing either Verlander or Cole three times in the series. That being said, short rest Verlander kinda sucked vs the Rays. I also highly doubt they go to Greinke on short rest twice. This inserts Wade Miley into the mix, who has been a house of horrors the last couple months. Plus, it likely inserts him into the situation in Yankee stadium where he is gonna get blown up.

For the Astros, they just need to win the games Verlander and Cole throw. I’d presume those are games 2, 3, 6, and 7. For the Yankees, we have to come out of Houston with a split or better. We cannot be in a spot where we need to win 2 of 3 of our home games just to extend into Houston. And we need to be ahead in the series heading back to Houston. The idea of beating Cole and Verlander in Houston is daunting to say the least. So this makes game 1 almost absolutely necessary. Greinke is a great pitcher. He’s not a great postseason pitcher. And of their three headed monster, he’s the one guy who can be on his game and we can still run his pitch count into the 100 range after 5 and expose the soft underbelly of the Astros pen. We don’t hit Osuna, ever. Never have. So expecting us to rally in the 9th on the regular is not gonna happen. Gotta hold serve vs their pitching, grind out ABs, drive their starters out early and feast on their middle relief.

I love Tanaka in the 2-6 slot for the series. Tanaka is nails in the post season but he’s also deadly with extra rest. Having him go 2-6 gives him an extra day’s rest built into the series and means he can go toe to toe with Verlander in Houston if the series gets that far. We need to hope Paxton can avoid his first inning issues and is fully ready to roll in game 1. This is gonna be a great series. Go Yanks

I'm guessing the Astros turn to J.Urquidy in game 4, not the best option, but better than Miley. Miley isn't going to be used in any meaningful situation. He only comes in in blow out games when the Astros need to burn some innings.

Tanaka's home/away splits are pretty stark. I think I would start him game 3.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Tanaka's home/away splits are pretty stark. I think I would start him game 3.
    They are, but he’s absolutely unhittable on extra rest. If he goes game 3, he’d have to come back on short rest for game 7.

Who pitches game 4 for the Yankees? Paxton on short rest? Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    They are, but he’s absolutely unhittable on extra rest. If he goes game 3, he’d have to come back on short rest for game 7.
    If Tanaka pitches game 3 (Tues), wouldn't he be on regular rest for game 7 (Sunday)?

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Who pitches game 4 for the Yankees? Paxton on short rest? Confused.
    My initial guess would be Green as an opener followed by Happ.