Register now to remove this ad

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 ALCS: Houston Astros vs New York Yankees

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Historically, teams that have fallen behind 3-1 in a seven game playoff series have come back to win the series 15% of the time. Not good odds at all, but not impossible either.
    They aren't doing it. Houston is the better team.

That said, I begrudgingly respect the way the Yankees have played hard through injuries this year, refusing to use them as an excuse. Stanton is still hurt; Severino hasn't regained his form; Betances is gone; and that idiot German, who was the best pitcher on the staff for most of the year managed to pull a Steven Wright and get himself tossed out of the playoffs. Thats a lot to swallow-too much when you are facing a team like the Astros.

Yankees 0-7 against verlander in the playoffs. Wow.

Wtf verlander. Tie game.

Deity
    Verlander has no command. Every thing is up in the zone while other Astros pitchers have kept the ball low.

I don’t care how good you are, without command you are nothing.

I’m rooting for the Astros, but I kind of like seeing this comeuppance.

Deity
    Good chance now for a game 6.

4 errors yesterday looked awful yesterday, but the central issues were two 3 run dingers by the Astros and their good pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Verlander has no command. Every thing is up in the zone while other Astros pitchers have kept the ball low.

I don’t care how good you are, without command you are nothing.

I’m rooting for the Astros, but I kind of like seeing this comeuppance.
    Astros sure as hell aren’t going to win with one run either. They have had chances and then blow it.

Legit Verlander looks like dog shit though. Wow

Much better Verlander

I was out tonight and man that first inning was awesome. Gotta keep them at bay. Cole moved to game 7. Take today and we might get to game 7
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I was out tonight and man that first inning was awesome. Gotta keep them at bay. Cole moved to game 7. Take today and we might get to game 7
    Bullpen day for Yankees tomorrow which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Paxton shut the Astros down hard tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Bullpen day for Yankees tomorrow which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Paxton shut the Astros down hard tonight.
    Assuming Chap holds this down, my guess is the Yanks go Green-Happ tomorrow. Maybe Cessa or Loaisiga if the game is going well. If we're down, it'll be Kahnle, Britton and Chap
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Assuming Chap holds this down, my guess is the Yanks go Green-Happ tomorrow. Maybe Cessa or Loaisiga if the game is going well. If we're down, it'll be Kahnle, Britton and Chap
    Ya I could see it. If yankees win tomorrow I think they take series even with Cole. Hard to break a teams momentum like that. One more inning for Houston to do something now.

Well, back to Houston. Man, what a game. Paxton really showed some stones tonight
    Hal sucks

Well game 6 tomorrow

If I was AJ Hinch, I’d feign like we are going for it in game 6. Start Urquidy, go pen game thereafter with Peacock. I’d only extend Harris or Osuna if winning. Otherwise, I’d get the yanks pen tired for game 7. Make the yanks use all their best pen guys again. Make Kahnle and Britton enter the game. Keep it close and if game 7 comes, so be it. You know you’re facing Sevy, who’s not great with big pressure spots and who’s essentially a spring training arm right now. Wear him down and feast on a tired pen while Cole mows them down.