Register now to remove this ad

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Results 361 to 370 of 370

Thread: Jackie Bradley

  1. #361
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    12,790
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He only has started less than 10% of his games vs lefties, so you may be right (476 to 49 GS'd). He's basically played 5 seasons and only has 377 total PAs vs LHPs.

    Besides, I'm fine with platoons, and it's easier to find a matching player who hits lefties well and can defend the OF for real cheap.
    Platoons are small market baseball. “Instead of getting one expensive and good full time player, let’s get two cheap ones who each suck part time in such a way that they compliment each other.”

  2. #362
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    23,501
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Platoons are small market baseball. “Instead of getting one expensive and good full time player, let’s get two cheap ones who each suck part time in such a way that they compliment each other.”
    You're really painting with a broad brush this morning. I think there have been a few successful platoons in history.

    Moreland and Pearce were a nice platoon in 2018, and would have been this year if not for that stupid injury thing.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  3. #363
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    29,859
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Platoons are small market baseball. “Instead of getting one expensive and good full time player, let’s get two cheap ones who each suck part time in such a way that they compliment each other.”
    It's not really "small market" anymore. The Dodgers did it with Joc. That Yanks do it.

    Put the best team on the field as much as possible.
    Sox 4 Ever

  4. #364
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    12,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    You're really painting with a broad brush this morning. I think there have been a few successful platoons in history.

    Moreland and Pearce were a nice platoon in 2018, and would have been this year if not for that stupid injury thing.
    That’s another thing.

    When you platoon, you double your chance of injury...

  5. #365
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    29,859
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    That’s another thing.

    When you platoon, you double your chance of injury...
    But, you have a back-up in place.
    Sox 4 Ever

  6. #366
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    20,286
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    That’s another thing.

    When you platoon, you double your chance of injury...
    LOL Nice logic.

  7. #367
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    29,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    LOL Nice logic.
    One could argue it cuts the risk in half.
    Sox 4 Ever

  8. #368
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    12,790
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    One could argue it cuts the risk in half.

    Tell that to Moreland and Pearce...

  9. #369
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    29,859
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Tell that to Moreland and Pearce...
    It didn't matter. They've been platooned their whole lives.
    Sox 4 Ever

  10. #370
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    12,790
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It didn't matter. They've been platooned their whole lives.
    They’re even married to the same woman...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •