Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: David Price...

Deity

David Price...

... is apparently drawing trade interest from multiple teams.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...-interest.html

Legend
    For luxury tax purposes, a trade of David Price for Wil Myers saves the Red Sox $17+ million annually for three years while the Padres would add $9.5 million annually in real dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    For luxury tax purposes, a trade of David Price for Wil Myers saves the Red Sox $17+ million annually for three years while the Padres would add $9.5 million annually in real dollars.
    One could argue Price is worth $9.5M a year and Myers is worth -$17M a year.

Sounds like an even trade.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Piggy backing on the topic .Wouldnt price be ideal fallback for Angels ? They may even take on the contract .

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    It does work for both sides and has been discussed in a few threads on this board.

Or maybe the Sox could deal Price to Seattle for Dee Gordon...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Piggy backing on the topic .Wouldnt price be ideal fallback for Angels ? They may even take on the contract .

Wouldn’t Bumgarner be a better fallback?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Wouldn’t Bumgarner be a better fallback?
    I don’t know .Madison likes to hit he’s a NL guy in my opinion but who knows ?

I'm hoping we don't have to contribute more than 5m per year of Price's salary. Thinking 25m sounds reasonable for a top of the rotation pitcher in today's market? But more likely we'll have to kick in 10m per year to move him along.

Legend
    The Red Sox have made no progress in their trade discussions involving David Price, according to this tweet from Ken Rosenthal:

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...20360563351552

Lol Ken Rosenthall is a world class Yankee ass sniffer ..if he's saying no progress a deal is imminent.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Lol Ken Rosenthall is a world class Yankee ass sniffer ..if he's saying no progress a deal is imminent.

You’re thinking of Buster Olney. Rosenthal is actually very good.

As much as I want something to happen, I don’t mind Bloom not leaping at first offers. In fact, it would have been stupid to deal Price before Cole signed...

Quote Originally Posted by VJCPatriot View Post
    I'm hoping we don't have to contribute more than 5m per year of Price's salary. Thinking 25m sounds reasonable for a top of the rotation pitcher in today's market? But more likely we'll have to kick in 10m per year to move him along.
    He may have a slight potential to return to "top of rotation" status, but he is not there now.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by VJCPatriot View Post
    Gammons from the winter meetings said Price can be moved if the Sox absorb 40% because someone will value him at about 18M per...

Legend
    Wonder how much Cole's value drops after 4 season's. Go form 31 a year to 18, for Price. Price was 29 when he signed and turned 30 for us too. Cole same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Gammons from the winter meetings said Price can be moved if the Sox absorb 40% because someone will value him at about 18M per...
    Price for 3 years at 18 per looks pretty reasonably priced right about now.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.