Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie you watched and rate it

Last movie you watched and rate it

Just recently saw Joker

9/10

I thought the movie was fantastic and Phoenix nailed the part perfectly. They took Alan Moore's Killing Joke storyline from 1988 and made it their own with some twists andd variations. I would highly recommend this to anyone. There are times where it might seem to drag a tad bit (hence not a full `10 rating) but otherwise it is one of the better movies I have seen in recent years.

Your turn It can be any movie, new, old, whatever.

Reversal of Fortune (old one)

9/10
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Joker
    9.5/10

amazing directing / music score / cinematography / and of course acting.
    other names i have posted under: none

I have a pass to any Regal movie, so I watch a lot.

7.5 Gemini Man
    6.5 Ad Astra
    5.5 Judy
    5.0 Hustlers
    4.5 Jexi
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Reversal of Fortune (old one)

9/10
    One of my brother's fave movies actually!

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Joker
    9.5/10

amazing directing / music score / cinematography / and of course acting.
    Agreed, was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I have a pass to any Regal movie, so I watch a lot.

7.5 Gemini Man
    6.5 Ad Astra
    5.5 Judy
    5.0 Hustlers
    4.5 Jexi
    I'm seeing Gemini Man this weekend!

Never seen Hustler the movie, but used to have the channel. Gf made me cancel it, very naughty stuff.

Double A
    Joker
    9/10

A few I've seen recently
    Joker - 9/10 (one of my favorite movies this year)

ZombieLand: DoubleTap 7/10 (Not as good as first one, but very good)

Fractured 7/10 (solid for a netflix movie)

Midsommar - 6/10 (this movie was so damn weird).

I had reservations about seeing "Joker," but it was an excellent movie. Great acting and cinematography.

9.5/10
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I had reservations about seeing "Joker," but it was an excellent movie. Great acting and cinematography.

9.5/10
    Agreed Moon, I thought it was fantastic!!! Phoenix was born for the role. How they go from that to Robert Pattinson playing Batman I'll never know but I hope he surprises me.....

I've been watching a long ass 10 part documentary on Amazon prime over the past few weeks about New York City's history. Not y'all favorite city I'm sure, but I watch it before going to sleep and it really knocks me out, plus what I do stay awake for is quite interesting.

It's called "New York", check it out if you're looking for napping material.

8/10

US

3/10

Can't believe this movie got such good reviews. After watching "Get Out" and I thought it was fantastic, I gave this movie a go..... Holy shit is it bad. It started off so damn good, and just got stupid from there. The only reason the critics gave it such good reviews is because the ending is so different.... I will say this much, it is DEFINITELY different.... However just because it's "different" doesn't mean it's good. I thought it was completely silly after the first 20 minutes. I also called the very ending (won't ruin it for those who haven't seen it)

So to sum up.... Stupid, a bit boring in some areas, ending was so far out there I just found it silly. Would not recommend but for some reason the critics loved this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    US

3/10

Can't believe this movie got such good reviews. After watching "Get Out" and I thought it was fantastic, I gave this movie a go..... Holy shit is it bad. It started off so damn good, and just got stupid from there. The only reason the critics gave it such good reviews is because the ending is so different.... I will say this much, it is DEFINITELY different.... However just because it's "different" doesn't mean it's good. I thought it was completely silly after the first 20 minutes. I also called the very ending (won't ruin it for those who haven't seen it)

So to sum up.... Stupid, a bit boring in some areas, ending was so far out there I just found it silly. Would not recommend but for some reason the critics loved this movie.
    I don't know, I liked it. I am a big horror fan and thought it was very unique.. It was weird as shit (especially the "Hands Across America" references), but overall I thought it was good. I thought it was like a 6-7/10.

I recently watched
    Eli (Netflix Movie) - 6/10.. Very odd, kind of reminded me of Brightburn, but good horror movie.

Lake Mungo 6/10. Critics love this movie, I thought it was mostly boring, but there was a very unsettling weird twist and it left a mark on me and made me give it a decent rating.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    I've been watching a long ass 10 part documentary on Amazon prime over the past few weeks about New York City's history. Not y'all favorite city I'm sure, but I watch it before going to sleep and it really knocks me out, plus what I do stay awake for is quite interesting.

It's called "New York", check it out if you're looking for napping material.

8/10
    I've actually been looking for something like this. On weekends I often come home after drinking and want something chill to just fall asleep too. Usually I choose Animal documentaries on Netflix but this sounds like it would doe the trick.