Register now to remove this ad

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Yankee Off-Season Thread

unofficially 1yr/14millions

Cole is a Yankee @ 9 years and $324 million. Talk about an overpay. But he makes the current Yankees team a hell of a lot better

Bloom switched thumbs.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people donít buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the ďCliffĒ is a myth. It canít be defined, and itís future existence cannot be proved.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Cole is a Yankee @ 9 years and $324 million. Talk about an overpay. But he makes the current Yankees team a hell of a lot better

I was wrong but that was a great way to wake up today. wow! still work to be done though! lets go!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Sucks to see Didi leave. He was a great Yankee. I also didn't wanna have to change my avatar.
    If it helps your decision making, I never looked at your avatar anyway

Yanks get cole. Ugh. Gonna be sick lol

This is the alpha move that we havenít made in a decade. Meh, I disagree that thereís much more work to be done beyond adding a CFer capable of filling in for two months. I donít care if itís Gardner. I really donít. As long as the guy can play D, I donít really care about the bat. It just cannot be expensive. Then we have to offload Happ to get the room to add that CFer. If the CFer is really cheap, then I go for Betances for a season

Yanks are in on Hader as are the Dodgers and Mets. Brewers had been in on Happ. I wonder if itís Happ, plus plus plus thatís being discussed

It looks like Gardner is back 1Yr/12.5M

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    It looks like Gardner is back 1Yr/12.5M
    Sweet, he even got a raise.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

Yeah, he got a pretty sweet deal. He also got a $2 mil buyout on an option for 2021. Gardy had a hell of a season last year, no doubt, and I know they love his leadership, but I wonder why they are bringing him back in the fold when the OF is already crowded and we supposedly have a top prospect out there who is running out of options in Frazier. Gardy coming in almost confirms that Frazier is gonna move on
    The rebuild is complete.

Romine to the Tigers, 1 yr $4.1 mil. This clearly puts Higashioka in as the backup. I liked Romine a lot, but I understand the reticence to put $4 mil towards a guy with a near mirror image skill set to Higashioka. Maybe Romine is a bit better at putting the ball in play and Higa a bit better with the power, but that is about it
    The rebuild is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Romine to the Tigers, 1 yr $4.1 mil. This clearly puts Higashioka in as the backup. I liked Romine a lot, but I understand the reticence to put $4 mil towards a guy with a near mirror image skill set to Higashioka. Maybe Romine is a bit better at putting the ball in play and Higa a bit better with the power, but that is about it
    It's been rumored, quite plausibly, that the Yanks will sign Maldonado because of his excellent CERA with Cole.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

Then the yanks are planning to blow past the final limit and not give a shit. Donít like that plan especially when we are now out a fifth and second round pick for signing cole

As of right now, the Yanks have a projected Lux tax calculation of $259,304,214. That is $11.3 mil over the final threshold.

With all the spending, I do wonder if the Yanks decide to just destroy the $40 mil overage. No point in going past it by a couple mil like the sox did in 2018. If you're gonna go past it, go for it.

Otherwise, the only deal I can forsee beyond the unlikely grievance issue with Ellsbury is a Happ trade. With the $11.3 mil in overages, it sounds like we have the amount we would need to recoup in a Happ trade. Happ plus $5 mil for whomever you want to give us.
    The rebuild is complete.