Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Yankee Off-Season Thread

That’s entirely stupid and you know it. Happ didn’t exactly give us quality or quantity

Happ could be good again if they revert to the pre-juiced ball. He actually looked pretty good in the postseason.

Here is the deal with Happ, he sucked for the majority of 2019. He did improve come September and maybe he ends up being good next year. But there is no way we are giving him that chance. He has a $17 mil option for 2021 that vests with 27 starts or 165IP in 2020. We have a viable option who replicated a recent Happ season in 2017 before going down. He is young and we have 3 more years of control of him. We are gonna exhaust his options before we turn to Happ
    Hal sucks

we have become entirely vulnerable to right handed strikeout pitchers.
    This is the reason the Yankees got their asses kicked against the Astros and would have been destroyed by the Nats pitching staff. The bigger question is why didn't Cashman get something simple like this figured out before he put the 2019 team together?

The Yankees are not only desperate for an ace, a Cole or Strasburg, but they also must do something to change/improve the lineup in order to play winning baseball in October.

And they will need to resign Chapman; otherwise, the bullpen will take a huge step backwards.

Yankees window is closed. cliff looming.
    they just dont have good enough players. poor FA signings. poor drafting. kids in the Farm just arent going to get them over the top. they have zero pitching and will continue to ignore this glaring weakness. 2 pump chumps...
    other names i have posted under: none

Nice sarcasm.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Happ could be good again if they revert to the pre-juiced ball. He actually looked pretty good in the postseason.
    In less than 4 innings...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    In less than 4 innings...
    Happ was a reliever in the postseason.

Listen, Happ is gonna be 37 yrs old and has a contract that behooves us to not play him. Montgomery is younger, cheaper and under control for longer. He gets every chance to take the 5 spot. Happ would have to be more than better than JMont to take that spot, and that is assuming Happ is even on the team. There is a chance Happ is dealt this offseason with money going with him. We don't need a below average old man long reliever at $17 mil
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Or it could make him Jarrod Parker or Nathn Eovaldi.Historically, a TJ surgery has a shelf life of about 600 innings, and that's when nothing goes wrong. The Yankees might get 3 years out of Montgomery, but his value is in eating innings, not in being an outstanding pitcher. He's mediocre at best, and not likely to replace Happ in the rotation...
    I read somewhere that he gained a couple miles in his FB, let's see how he looks in ST

BTW, in his rookie year he looked more like a back of the rotation kind of guy, mediocre is a little harsh, leave that for the guys who can't hold a rotation spot at least like a #5,

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Yankees window is closed. cliff looming.
    they just dont have good enough players. poor FA signings. poor drafting. kids in the Farm just arent going to get them over the top. they have zero pitching and will continue to ignore this glaring weakness. 2 pump chumps...
    Can't tell if you're being seriosu lol

Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    I read somewhere that he gained a couple miles in his FB, let's see how he looks in ST

BTW, in his rookie year he looked more like a back of the rotation kind of guy, mediocre is a little harsh, leave that for the guys who can't hold a rotation spot at least like a #5,
    That happens a lot in pitchers who have TJS. Montgomery might be more 93-94 next year, who knows
    Hal sucks

I have our next target. Yoshi Tsutsugo, lefty power hitting OFer being posted this November. 27 yr old power hitter with great patience, might cost around what Gardy costs but should be a good for awhile as opposed to Gardner who is fighting Father Time.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I have our next target. Yoshi Tsutsugo, lefty power hitting OFer being posted this November. 27 yr old power hitter with great patience, might cost around what Gardy costs but should be a good for awhile as opposed to Gardner who is fighting Father Time.
    I heard he's a Schwarber type of player, a good bat with a bellow average glove, don't know about this could be interesting but the good thing is that Gardner shows up every day with an above average glove around the OF

Gardner was a plus defender in 2019. Any chance it’s the same in 2020? I don’t want to depend on Gardner only to have Father Time strip him of his abilities. He’s fine as a backup, but he’s probably looking at a multi year deal after 2019 and I don’t want to pay that.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Does the posting cost count towards the luxury tax?

If it doesn't, Tsutsugo is more likely to be on Boston's radar than the Yankees, who already have a glut of outfielders and have more pressing needs in the rotation.

Whoever does sign this guy needs to have it in his contract that the walk up song for Tsutsugo (pronounced "Sue-sue-go") is Phil Collins' "Sussudio"....