Register now to remove this ad

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 226 to 233 of 233

Thread: 2020 Yankee Off-Season Thread

  1. #226
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    23,552
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    As of right now, the Yanks have a projected Lux tax calculation of $259,304,214. That is $11.3 mil over the final threshold.

    With all the spending, I do wonder if the Yanks decide to just destroy the $40 mil overage. No point in going past it by a couple mil like the sox did in 2018.
    Well, those deadline acquisitions they made in 2018 helped them win the World Series, so I'd call that a point.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  2. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Well, those deadline acquisitions they made in 2018 helped them win the World Series, so I'd call that a point.
    Of course, but I'm sure the Angels would have been flexible with the amount of money especially if the sox kicked in another prospect
    The rebuild is complete.

  3. #228
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    23,552
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Of course, but I'm sure the Angels would have been flexible with the amount of money especially if the sox kicked in another prospect
    Would that really be worth it? We gave up an excellent prospect in Buttrey as it was.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  4. #229
    Worth it to avoid the ten spot penalty? Probably, especially if the difference was only a few hundred thousand.

  5. #230
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    23,552
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Worth it to avoid the ten spot penalty? Probably, especially if the difference was only a few hundred thousand.
    They ended up going over by 2.5 million.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  6. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    They ended up going over by 2.5 million.
    Ah, I remember the reports were pretty skewed initially. $2.5 mil is harder to hide.
    The rebuild is complete.

  7. #232
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,468
    Cashman's next move is to package a guy like Cessa, Tarpley, or Holder with Happ. That would bring the payroll down by about 17.5-18 million

  8. #233
    I donít hate that idea. Maybe get some IFA money back

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •