Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Yankee Off-Season Thread

You just cannot help yourself, can you troll. Well, I'll bite.

Chapman has been one of the best closers in baseball for his entire career. Yeah, he gave up a HR to Altuve. Yeah, it sucked. But Mariano Rivera blew two saves in an epic 3-0 series comeback vs his hated rivals and he ended up being okay. Singular bad moments don't define hall of fame players and Chapman is creating a hall of fame type career.

Yankees garbage? You really are a moron. Voit was injured the second half of the season. He got injured in London. Prior to London, his line was .279/.383/.508. No sooner did the Yankees season end than Voit was on the OR table fixing his sports hernia. He was recommended for surgery in July which would have ended his season. He stuck through to try and help the team win the title, but he was too injured to be of any good. Add that to his line from the end of 2018 and you have a full season of a guy hitting over .900 OPS. That isn't garbage you twit

German was an 18 game winner with solid K and walk rates and broke out in his first protracted taste of a big league rotation. Yes, his domestic case will be sticky, but he comes with at least 3 more years of control and an arsenal that will put him squarely in at least the middle of another team's rotation. Once again, not garbage. You really are a moron. Keep em comin troll
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Attention, especially of the negative variety, with an underlying theme of 'albatross contract for guy who can't stay healthy and should be a DH'.
    Yet he was entirely healthy for 2018. Short memory. Stanton was just snakebite this year. There is no other way around it. He goes down with biceps tendinitis. They decide to inject a sore shoulder thinking he's gonna miss a month anyway. The shoulder becomes the bigger issue as he reacted to the injection and needed an additional month to recover. He returns, gets hit in the calf and tears his calf muscle. He returns, dives into third and tears his PCL. He returns too soon and pulls his quad. The only injuries there that worry you are the quad and the biceps. The quad is understandable since he was favoring the knee. The biceps was unprovoked. Other than that, what can you do? A calf tear on an HBP? Tearing a knee ligament sliding into third base face first? He will be healthy next year. He'll have an annual soft tissue injury of some sort. But I can bet anyone here that he wont be served with the same ridiculous shit luck he was this year. He'll smack 40 homers, drive in 100 and he'll be the toast of the town next year.
    Hal sucks

Rumors of the Yankees (more spitballing it seems) could be interested in a Villar/Givens package. The O’s are rumored to be DFA’ing Villar if he doesn’t get dealt, so I’d give almost nothing for him since his arb number looks to be around $11 mil. Givens is fine by me. Coming off a down season, he’s got the power to be really useful in this pen. I certainly wouldn’t give them anything of value

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Yet he was entirely healthy for 2018. Short memory.
    He wasn't entirely healthy for 2018. Yes, he played 158 games, but 86 of those were at DH. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was because of some issues with his legs.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

He had some leg soreness intermittently, but DH was by design. Last year we would have needed him in the OF

He had some leg soreness intermittently, but DH was by design. Last year we would have needed him in the OF
    In 2018 you guys were hurting in the outfield. Shane Robinson played 25 games. You made a deadline trade for McCutcheon.

All-Star
    Boston media suggests a red sox yankee trade,
    "The Sox send Betts and lefthander Jay Groome to the Yankees for infielder Miguel Andujar, outfielder Clint Frazier, and righthanders Luis Gil and Mike King."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/r...mdL/story.html

It'd be nice to have Betts, but can't see them trading him to the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    Boston media suggests a red sox yankee trade,
    "The Sox send Betts and lefthander Jay Groome to the Yankees for infielder Miguel Andujar, outfielder Clint Frazier, and righthanders Luis Gil and Mike King."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/r...mdL/story.html

It'd be nice to have Betts, but can't see them trading him to the Yankees.
    No way in hell does it happen.

Don’t want 1 year of $30 mil Betts and give away 4 years of Andujat plus Frazier, Gil and King. That’s a horrible deal for the Yanks

All-Star
    I wouldn't either, im just putting it out there in the slow part of the off season

Andujar being groomed to be a multiposition defender. 1b, 3b, OF. He’s got a cannon. He’s got the hands. His errors came almost entirely on routine throws. It was weird. Diving plays, charging plays, bang bang plays, he nailed them. But anything where he had time, he’d sail it. He’d need work, but has the potential to be a good OFer. He’s got some speed and he has an arm. He also would be a great defender at 1b, IMO. He’d have range for days compared to his peers, his glove work wasn’t the issue and he wouldn’t have to worry about throws. My worry is that by turning him into a multi position defender is that he will never develop enough to be an option at 3b, where his maximum value would be unlocked

Deity
    Andujar being groomed to be a multiposition defender. 1b, 3b, OF. He’s got a cannon. He’s got the hands. His errors came almost entirely on routine throws. It was weird. Diving plays, charging plays, bang bang plays, he nailed them. But anything where he had time, he’d sail it. He’d need work, but has the potential to be a good OFer. He’s got some speed and he has an arm. He also would be a great defender at 1b, IMO. He’d have range for days compared to his peers, his glove work wasn’t the issue and he wouldn’t have to worry about throws. My worry is that by turning him into a multi position defender is that he will never develop enough to be an option at 3b, where his maximum value would be unlocked

Actually Inside Edge Fielding has Miguel Andujar doing very well in the routine plays but not making the more difficult ones...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Actually Inside Edge Fielding has Miguel Andujar doing very well in the routine plays but not making the more difficult ones...
    They clearly didn't watch any of the games notin. I saw over half his errors live and almost every single one of them was on a play where he had time and it was almost always on a throw
    Hal sucks

Deity
    They clearly didn't watch any of the games notin. I saw over half his errors live and almost every single one of them was on a play where he had time and it was almost always on a throw
    I'm pretty sure the people at Inside Edge watched the games in some fashion.

Besides, bad defense is not always about errors...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I'm pretty sure the people at Inside Edge watched the games in some fashion.

Besides, bad defense is not always about errors...
    I hear you there. But how can he be good for routine plays when every error I saw was on a routine play and he made A LOT of them
    Hal sucks