Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Puig ?Castellanos ? Trade Benny and Mookie

Puig was run out of LA, a place where fans could give two shits about baseball, but they show up. No major scrutiny. He got himself run out of Cincy for being an idiot. Cleveland has zero interest in resigning him. Puig is gonna find a limited market, one that’ll likely require a pillow deal

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Puig was run out of LA, a place where fans could give two shits about baseball, but they show up. No major scrutiny. He got himself run out of Cincy for being an idiot. Cleveland has zero interest in resigning him. Puig is gonna find a limited market, one that’ll likely require a pillow deal
    I seriously doubt his teammates had no issues with his antics & attitude.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    1. Trading Benni this off season makes no sense. He's still cheap and selling low on someone with his talent would be stupid.

2. Hard pass on Puig. He's mediocre fielder and is more trouble than he's worth. He's been in multiple altercations with teammates, caused numerous issues, been suspended numerous times, etc.

I like Puig, but I prefer watching him on other teams and thinking its funny, I don't necessarily want to watch those issues on the Red Sox
    Outside of liking Puig, I completely agree.

One of the last things we should be doing is trading our young, inexpensive, and very good players.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Outside of liking Puig, I completely agree.

One of the last things we should be doing is trading our young, inexpensive, and very good players.
    I think Puig is an amazing talent. But multiple Dodgers including Kershaw and Scott Van Slyke once campaigned management to unload him...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I think Puig is an amazing talent. But multiple Dodgers including Kershaw and Scott Van Slyke once campaigned management to unload him...
    I'm sure he is an amazing talent. That talent does not excuse being a clubhouse cancer.

The problem I have with amazing talents is that eventually they have to translate that talent into production. Puig has the quickest bat, the most power, the best arm and runs like a deer. Why is he a circa .800OPS player who has put up only 7 WAR in the last 4 seasons? because he either doesn't care or isn't dedicated or both
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The problem I have with amazing talents is that eventually they have to translate that talent into production. Puig has the quickest bat, the most power, the best arm and runs like a deer. Why is he a circa .800OPS player who has put up only 7 WAR in the last 4 seasons? because he either doesn't care or isn't dedicated or both
    100 million dollar talent and a ten cent head!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I'm sure he is an amazing talent. That talent does not excuse being a clubhouse cancer.
    Wasn’t he demoted to the minors for being apathetic?

It's all good. A couple of teammates liked him.

"Send in the clowns!"

He was demoted, not sure what the reason was. Poor play? Which was probably due to being apathetic.

I happen to think Ole Clayton is a pusssss cakes and who gives a shit about Van Slyke ?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It's all good. A couple of teammates liked him.

"Send in the clowns!"
    He’s a Russian asset Moon beware !!! Whatever .

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    I happen to think Ole Clayton is a pusssss cakes and who gives a shit about Van Slyke ?
    Good. Piss on Kershaw and praise the clown.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    I think I would listen to either of them about Puig over anyone on this board. They KNOW the guy...