Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Bye Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Behindenemylines View Post
    Ellsbury as well! Mike Stanton not the only dead money yanks eat.
    I'm sizing Stanton up as an albatross.

Wouldn't shock me if they try to trade him and eat a chunk of money.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    Love the fact that it was Chapman who gave it up. Dirtbag. Only too bad that Osuna (dirtbag) got the win.
    The look on Chapman's face when Altuve hit the home run = priceless.

The Yankees were a mirage. They rolled out one no name after another who performed like Ruth, Gehrig and Mantle. I’m thinking of guys like Tauchman, Urshela, Voit, Ford etc. punk ass Gardner had the best season of his sorry career. Their starting pitching was pot of crappy pot luck led by a wife-beater with a 4+ ERA. They need to add quality pitching next season or they will be a .500 team, especially if MLB moves away from this years golf ball. They had a bunch of power hitters hitting a golf ball in a bandbox. It was an anomaly as some would say. Next year there will be a return to normalcy— pitching and defense and speed will become meaningful again and Boone will get fired as they will struggle to get to.500.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

...but, but, but, they had the all important pen!
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Legend
    The Yankees were a mirage. They rolled out one no name after another who performed like Ruth, Gehrig and Mantle. I’m thinking of guys like Tauchman, Urshela, Voit, Ford etc. punk ass Gardner had the best season of his sorry career. Their starting pitching was pot of crappy pot luck led by a wife-beater with a 4+ ERA. They need to add quality pitching next season or they will be a .500 team, especially if MLB moves away from this years golf ball. They had a bunch of power hitters hitting a golf ball in a bandbox. It was an anomaly as some would say. Next year there will be a return to normalcy— pitching and defense and speed will become meaningful again and Boone will get fired as they will struggle to get to.500.
    You know, I hate the Yankees as much as anyone. BUT.....look at the season they had. They lost an incredible number of players-star players like Stanton, Judge, Betances, Severino etc etc-and still won 103 games. Unlike the Red Sox, who never showed up this year, they played their asses off and made a great run. They met a better team in the playoffs and couldn't get it done. While I am really happy that they will not be wearing a ring this year this year's Yankee team earned my grudging respect.
    Unlike this year's Red Sox team.

Where is the Yankee Troll? Crying in his beer I assume. He only comes around when the Skankees are winning. We know who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    Where is the Yankee Troll? Crying in his beer I assume. He only comes around when the Skankees are winning. We know who he is.
    No, he's been posting. Give the guy a break.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    My guess is Cashman goes to the bank this winter. 2020 is probably the Yankees peak year in their window. They should go for broke.

(Hopefully, they go broke and make some of the mistakes we made.)
    2020 and 2021 are our peak years from a financial and player growth perspective. We aren’t locked into a window since the only heavy money long term contract right now is Stanton’s and his contract isn’t all that bad from a lux tax perspective. We may lock ourselves into a window and cliff situation if we deal from our farm or start locking people up. The way to avoid a cliff is to avoid paying huge money for guys who don’t produce. Dead money and a bad farm is the recipe for a cliff.

This is going to be a telling offseason. We stood toe to toe with quite possibly the best baseball team to come around in a long time and we bloodied their lip a little.

And that comment isn’t to knock the Sox from last year. But last year, in the POs, Sale was a shell of himself and your closer fell off a cliff. These Astros were healthy and all were firing for this series and they still had significant trouble with us while we were incredibly snakebit from injury and stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    This is going to be a telling offseason. We stood toe to toe with quite possibly the best baseball team to come around in a long time and we bloodied their lip a little.

And that comment isn’t to knock the Sox from last year. But last year, in the POs, Sale was a shell of himself and your closer fell off a cliff. These Astros were healthy and all were firing for this series and they still had significant trouble with us while we were incredibly snakebit from injury and stupidity.
    You just pointed out two of the things the Red Sox had to overcome in beating the Astros last year.

They thrived all season on the manfred missile. Once the postseason ball came into play they were toast.
    Fuck them.
    other names i have posted under: none

2020 and 2021 are our peak years from a financial and player growth perspective. We aren’t locked into a window since the only heavy money long term contract right now is Stanton’s and his contract isn’t all that bad from a lux tax perspective. We may lock ourselves into a window and cliff situation if we deal from our farm or start locking people up. The way to avoid a cliff is to avoid paying huge money for guys who don’t produce. Dead money and a bad farm is the recipe for a cliff.

Ahahahahahaha. This is a joke post, right???
    Yankees suck.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    You know, I hate the Yankees as much as anyone. BUT.....look at the season they had. They lost an incredible number of players-star players like Stanton, Judge, Betances, Severino etc etc-and still won 103 games. Unlike the Red Sox, who never showed up this year, they played their asses off and made a great run. They met a better team in the playoffs and couldn't get it done. While I am really happy that they will not be wearing a ring this year this year's Yankee team earned my grudging respect.
    Unlike this year's Red Sox team.
    I never said that I don't respect them, but their roster played way over their heads.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend

Yes, that is a knock on the 2018 Sox, a team that steamrolled all year including the playoffs. They beat "the best team to come around in a long time" in FIVE GAMES-despite Sale "being a shell of himself". If you are looking for the best team to come around in a long time you need look no further than the 2018 Red Sox, a team for the ages.

Legend
    I never said that I don't respect them, but their roster played way over their heads.
    A lot of people here are gloating over the fact that the Yankees will not win a ring this year. I can't do it, not when my team never showed up despite being close to the same team that won 108 games last year. Their guys played way over their heads for sure, but when our guys didn't even play its hard for me to knock other teams who were more successful. I think it would be different if we were as competitive as we should have been based on our roster.