Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Annnnnnd the Yankees choke

Annnnnnd the Yankees choke

Couldn't see that one coming ....ohhhh wait yes I did Jackson .

Jackson ? Sanchez ,Your starters besides pax ? What a mess man .Hey you beat that powerhouse Twins team .

The Yankees lose! You can not win without starting pitching. Guys that can give you 6 or 7 solid innings.

Deity
    Poor Jacko. We tried to tell him and he surely tried to tell us. Perhaps a little less bluster next time Jacko. Lets see you walk away with one of those big impressive division crowns. Whoopdy-ding-ding

It will be interesting to see how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ the Yanks will throw at Cole to get him to go to NY?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Behindenemylines View Post
    It will be interesting to see how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ the Yanks will throw at Cole to get him to go to NY?
    The Yankee fans would love us to let go of E-Rod, so they could swoop in and pick him up. They too had a bloated payroll but in the end, their SP wasn't good enough. At least we didn't go after Stanton. Yes, Cole will be a prize sought affter by many. We should refrain from that bidding war.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    The Yankee fans would love us to let go of E-Rod, so they could swoop in and pick him up. They too had a bloated payroll but in the end, their SP wasn't good enough. At least we didn't go after Stanton. Yes, Cole will be a prize sought affter by many. We should refrain from that bidding war.
    Spot on. You and I are in agreement when it comes to those huge contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Spot on. You and I are in agreement when it comes to those huge contracts.
    2030 Think of that ? Yikes .Judge and their star third baseman will want to break the bank .Sanchez is a DH and will want more than JDM .Window is 2 years for that team .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 10-20-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Behindenemylines View Post
    The Yankees lose! You can not win without starting pitching. Guys that can give you 6 or 7 solid innings.
    They lost Sabathia, German (what an idiot), and Severino (who never really got his footing). In the pen they lost Betances. Stanton was hurt. Yes, I hate the Yankees too, but they never gave up, unlike this year's Red Sox team which never even showed up. I am glad we still have a ring from 2018 and finished the job that year, and I am almost as glad that the Yankees didn't get a ring this year. But I see a team in the Yankees that busted their butts to make the most of what they had available in contrast to our team this year.
    Yes, the cockroaches are dead, and we are all entitled to rejoice in that fact. I would be much happier if our team showed up for the season this year too. They had the talent to do it but took the year off.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Poor Jacko. We tried to tell him and he surely tried to tell us. Perhaps a little less bluster next time Jacko. Lets see you walk away with one of those big impressive division crowns. Whoopdy-ding-ding
    He only comes out when the Skanks are winning. Troll. He will be nowhere to find now. Loser!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    He only comes out when the Skanks are winning. Troll. He will be nowhere to find now. Loser!
    And some posters are most prominent only when the Yankees lose.
    Last edited by harmony; 10-20-2019 at 12:38 PM.

You know what I love almost as much as just the fact that the Yankees lost?

This whole "You can't win without a strong pen" thing took a big hit last night and in the 2019 playoffs.

1) Osuna blows the biggest save of his life.
    2) Chapman blows the game.
    3) The Nats make the World Series with the 22nd best pen by WAR.
    4) The Astros make the WS with the 8th best pen by WAR. (Boston was 5th.)

ERA-
    3. HOU 84
    8. BOS 91
    30. WAS 126

WHIP
    2. HOU 1.16
    19. BOS 1.39
    27. WAS 1.48 (awful!)

K/BB
    5. HOU 3.1
    17. BOS 2.4
    21. WAS 2.3

xFIP
    1. HOU 4.06
    10. BOS 4.43
    29. WASH 5.03 (UGLY!)

If the Nats win, will this mean the whole focus moves back to the rotation?

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Jackson did show today and gets huuuuuuuuge props for that .Guy is arrogant but loves that team and has some great insight .Truce Jackson and damn good year for your boys in pin stripes .I had to rub it in this year a little because well your well aware why lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Jackson did show today and gets huuuuuuuuge props for that .Guy is arrogant but loves that team and has some great insight .Truce Jackson and damn good year for your boys in pin stripes .I had to rub it in this year a little because well your well aware why lol .
    Understood SG. Thankfully I was in a wedding last night and was absolutely obliterated when the game ended. Filled the pain. What the Yanks did this year was unprecedented. We had 30 different players on the IL. A full roster is 25. We had 25 guys plus 5 backups on the injured list. That’s insane. To recap

We lost the runner up for ROY, Andujar, for the season on day 3.
    Stanton plays in 19 games due to being entirely snakebit.
    Severino spends the first 5 months on the shelf.
    Montgomery is on the shelf due to TJS and is delayed 2 months due to shoulder tendonitis
    Sanchez has two stints on the IL for leg issues
    Judge missed two months with an oblique
    Voit misses a month and pretty much isn’t the same due to a Sports hernia
    EE gets dealt for, breaks a wrist then pulls an oblique
    Bird and Ellsbury miss the whole year, no big loss
    Paxton missed three weeks with a knee and goes into the postseason with sciatica
    Hicks tears his UCL
    Tauchman misses 6 weeks with a calf issue
    Frazier misses 3 weeks with an ankle
    Estrada misses a month with a leg issue
    Gregorius missed the first two months coming off TJS
    Betances misses 5 months with a shoulder issue and tears his Achilles on his return
    Heller missed the year with TJS
    Loaisiga missed 2 months with a shoulder issue
    CC was on the DL for awhile with knee and shoulder issues
    Hale looks good early then misses the year with a back issue
    German spent 2 weeks on the IL with a hip then is suspended for beating his GF
    Happ spent time on the IL with biceps tendinitis

There were more, but those are off the top of my head. And they still were fighting for a WS berth. They didn’t quit when they had every excuse to. All players should return healthy for 2020. Give us an ace, keep the pen strong and make a run in 2020 when the other super teams should be a bit weaker

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    You know what I love almost as much as just the fact that the Yankees lost?

This whole "You can't win without a strong pen" thing took a big hit last night and in the 2019 playoffs.

1) Osuna blows the biggest save of his life.
    2) Chapman blows the game.
    3) The Nats make the World Series with the 22nd best pen by WAR.
    4) The Astros make the WS with the 8th best pen by WAR. (Boston was 5th.)

ERA-
    3. HOU 84
    8. BOS 91
    30. WAS 126

WHIP
    2. HOU 1.16
    19. BOS 1.39
    27. WAS 1.48 (awful!)

K/BB
    5. HOU 3.1
    17. BOS 2.4
    21. WAS 2.3

xFIP
    1. HOU 4.06
    10. BOS 4.43
    29. WASH 5.03 (UGLY!)

If the Nats win, will this mean the whole focus moves back to the rotation?

Yes and no, because the Nats did make a bunch of moves to try to bolster their pen. One of them, Hudson, has been outstanding.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.