Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Annnnnnd the Yankees choke

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Yankee fan want Gerrit Cole. Cole reportedly wants the west coast.

So maybe Madison Bumgarner as the consolation prize...
    Strasburg?
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Strasburg?
    Another option. If he opts out...

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    How many new threads are there on the Yankees losing?

I can't keep up!
    It's a popular topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    It's a popular topic.
    Stras seems like he would fold in NY .Talented no doubt but seems like a cream puff

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Stras seems like he would fold in NY .Talented no doubt but seems like a cream puff
    He has one of the best ERA's in postseason history
    Hal sucks

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    He has one of the best ERA's in postseason history
    Strasburg has had an excellent career all around. But as he came out of college with all kinds of hype and isn't in among the handful of best pitchers in MLB, he gets viewed as a disappointment and, possibly by some, a bust.

I wish the Sox had disappointing prospects like Strasburg...

Strasbourg’s only disappointment has been injuries

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Strasbourg’s only disappointment has been injuries
    Exactly, and even then. it's not like this guy has missed multiple seasons and rarely shown up for work or seen diminished ability. He's not Dylan Bundy...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Strasburg has had an excellent career all around. But as he came out of college with all kinds of hype and isn't in among the handful of best pitchers in MLB, he gets viewed as a disappointment and, possibly by some, a bust.

I wish the Sox had disappointing prospects like Strasburg...
    I almost said I wish we had a number one pick to use on a pitcher like Strasburg or Cole, but don't think we'd enjoy the season that would get us there. The Sox highest-picked pitcher was a bust at No. 7, but it should be noted that Houston's path to power wasn't flawless, either. They had three straight Number Ones and whiffed on two of them -- hurlers who never made the majors; Correa was the other. The Stros were also bad enough to get a No. 2: Bregman (who the Sox drafted way lower a few years before), No. 5: Tucker, and No. 11: Springer.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    I almost said I wish we had a number one pick to use on a pitcher like Strasburg or Cole, but don't think we'd enjoy the season that would get us there. The Sox highest-picked pitcher was a bust at No. 7, but it should be noted that Houston's path to power wasn't flawless, either. They had three straight Number Ones and whiffed on two of them -- hurlers who never made the majors; Correa was the other. The Stros were also bad enough to get a No. 2: Bregman (who the Sox drafted way lower a few years before), No. 5: Tucker, and No. 11: Springer.
    And Correa wasn't the most obvious number one overall pick. He was in the discussion, but so were Kevin Gausman, Kevin Zimmer and Mark Appel (who Houston later drafted #1 overall and was one of those whiffs you alluded to). But Correa was considered the easiest to sign of the three, and the Astros used that savings to afford Lance McCullers with their next pick.

It also helped that Correa actually worked out better than anyone else taken early in that draft...

Couldn't see that one coming ....ohhhh wait yes I did Jackson .
    The Yankees didn't choke, they got smoked by a better team.

They choked period .

Listen you do not want that cream puff in the AL east meat grinder he's good as a mid market guy .Put that guy in NY and having to face Ray's ,Boston and an emerging Toronto lol that guy folds ....hell same for Cole .just an opinion .Say he's the next Clemens and please get him .

Legend
    Listen you do not want that cream puff in the AL east meat grinder he's good as a mid market guy .Put that guy in NY and having to face Ray's ,Boston and an emerging Toronto lol that guy folds ....hell same for Cole .just an opinion .Say he's the next Clemens and please get him .
    The "AL east meat grinder" finished with a cumulative record below .500 this year while the far tougher American League West finished 34 games above .500.

AL West teams scored more runs than their AL East counterparts.

Harmony, you keep pushing this narrative and while the overall record backs you up, it’s entirely due to the presence of Baltimore. Also, the ALE had three teams over .500 while the ALW only had two. After the break, the ALW was a two dog race with Texas and ANA freefalling like nobody’s business