Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread Oct 22/19 World Series Game 1 Nationals (Scherzer) @ Astros (Cole)

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    So what games do? Only important games where players don't do well?
    World Series or any Yankees vs Red Sox games. thats it.
    games on TBS or TNT dont count as bright lights. neither do games on FS1.....
    Cole pooped his pants the first time he was in the bright lights. thats a warning sign for GM Slasher9....
    other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    World Series or any Yankees vs Red Sox games. thats it.
    games on TBS or TNT dont count as bright lights. neither do games on FS1.....
    Cole pooped his pants the first time he was in the bright lights. thats a warning sign for GM Slasher9....
    GM Slasher9 must think Justin Verlander cannot handle the bright lights either, given his performance in 5 World Series games spread out over 12 years.

I still want Cole!

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    I still want Cole!
    It'll be a Cole day in Hell when we sign him.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Bregman's puke play continues -- 0 for 4 with 3 Ks in game one.

It amazed me to see the Astros beat the Yankees with Bregman hitting so poorly. But the Nats are a better team than the Yankees. The Astros can't beat the Nats without Bregman hitting.

GM Slasher9 must think Justin Verlander cannot handle the bright lights either, given his performance in 5 World Series games spread out over 12 years.
    he still has something to prove in the WS.
    he's a great regular season pitcher and ALDS pitcher. as the lights get brighter he wilts a bit.
    his wife is top shelf tho so theres always a light at the end of the tunnel for him.....

funny how it goes unnoticed but springer actually cost the Astros a very possible W last night. if he runs out of the box instead of admiring his wall ball he is on 3rd when Altuve hits the flyball......
    alcuna was vilified and crucified for the exact same thing in game 1 of previous series. yet springer gets zero call out. maybe because springer is viewed as a "dirtdog"???!!!!???

Deity
    funny how it goes unnoticed but springer actually cost the Astros a very possible W last night. if he runs out of the box instead of admiring his wall ball he is on 3rd when Altuve hits the flyball......
    alcuna was vilified and crucified for the exact same thing in game 1 of previous series. yet springer gets zero call out. maybe because springer is viewed as a "dirtdog"???!!!!???

Or he might have been nailed at third. Really, Tucker was the one who screwed up there by going back to tag...

Or he might have been nailed at third. Really, Tucker was the one who screwed up there by going back to tag...
    so "dirtdog" it is....
    tucker had zero to do with springer admiring his wall ball. he busts it out of the box it is a stand up triple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It'll be a Cole day in Hell when we sign him.
    Lol I see what you did there.

I had the very same observation last night, actually this morning when I finished watching the game. If he was running hard all the way, it very well could have been a tie game going into the 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Last night was a throwback to the 1950's musical damn yankees and it's one memorable tune--you gotta have heart. I say this because the long layoff cost Scherzer his command--he finished with under 60% strikes--but took nothing from his grit because he actually pitched 5 innings and 112 pitches, giving up just 2 runs, and left his bullpen a 3 run lead and a 4 inning gap to fill. They ended up giving up the same number of runs, 2,in 1 fewer inning than Scherzer.

Then there that was that young phenom, Joe Hardy by name, on the then Washington Senators, who last night was nicely repeated last night by Soto.

While this Washington team isn't beating the damn yankees, they so far are beating the team that beat the Yankees--after beating the team, the Dodgers, who were the Yankees arch rivals in the 1950's when damn yankees was written and performed.

But my real point is I was wrong in thinking the 7 day layoff would kill the Nats. It definitely affected Scherzer, but not the rest of the team. Is it also worth mentioning in this era of one game wild card playoffs that a wild card is not only in the WS, but has a real shot at winning?

This is the team with a heart no less than that of the 2004 Sox.
    I was impressed with the way Scherzer gutted it out and kept his team in the game when he didn't have his best stuff.

I very much enjoyed that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I was impressed with the way Scherzer gutted it out and kept his team in the game when he didn't have his best stuff.

I very much enjoyed that game.
    Agreed Kimmi That is what warriors do. Even if they don’t have their best game they gut

it out and just keep going and try to fix things as the game goes. And that is exactly what he did. He didn’t have his best game but he out did Cole And at the end of the day that is all it took and A few runs from Washington to get the win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Agreed Kimmi That is what warriors do. Even if they don’t have their best game they gut

it out and just keep going and try to fix things as the game goes. And that is exactly what he did. He didn’t have his best game but he out did Cole And at the end of the day that is all it took and A few runs from Washington to get the win!!!
    I just wish the games didn't start so late. In addition to the later start time, the commercial breaks are extra long during the playoffs, so I usually only get to about the 5th inning before I have to go to bed. I watch the game the next afternoon, but by then, I already know the outcome. It's still enjoyable, but it would be better if I didn't already know what was going to happen.

I would also like to see this series go to 7 games. LOL

Also, I hope your son is doing better.

One perk with living in Central Time is the 7:08 start times.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?